II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Cox Communications regarding channel changes effective March 29, 2018.
2. Consider authorization and execution of the following Parks + Recreation service agreements:
(a) Contract C81-2018 with Rod Garman for Swim Team instruction for $100.00 per participant.
(b) Contract C82-2018 with Amy Watson for Dive lessons in an amount of $100.00 per participant.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the March 14, Expocentre Advisory Board agenda and minutes of the February 14, meeting.
4. Acknowledge receipt of report that certifies that American Medical Response was in compliance with the response parameters and requirements set forth in Contract C207-2016 for January 2018, but will be fined $2,050.00 for long responses in four different zones—Emergency Management.
5. Consider acceptance of easement for the SE 29th Street-- KTA Bridge to SE Croco Road project and authorization to pay the owner the agreed settlement amount of $500.00.—Public Works.
6. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C83-2018 with Municipal Media Corp for a collection schedule notification system for customers who voluntarily sign up for the service at a cost to the Solid Waste Operations Budget of $250.00—Solid Waste.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PARKS + RECREATION—John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C84-2018 with Topeka Premier Umpire Association, LLC. for training, assigning and managing game officials for a fee of $6,000.00 annually plus the per game costs agreed to in Appendix A, for an anticipated annual cost of $330,000.00—from the Operations Budget.
2. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for selected maintenance functions in 42 park locations with funding from the departments operations budget.
C. PUBLIC WORKS—Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to fill a vacant Road Maintenance position and any subsequent openings that may result upon the filling of the position at an annual salary, including benefits, of $49,406.75.
2. Consider approval to pay invoice from Buildex for purchase of Lightweight Aggregate material, delivered in 2017, in an amount of $96,724.29 from the 2017 Public Works Road Maintenance Fund.
D. CORRECTIONS—Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to award bid to Jayhawk Fire Sprinkler Co. Inc. for fire sprinkler inspections and reduced rates for service and parts if needed to repair any discrepancies or failures; and authorization and execution of Contract C85-2018 for same, paid with annual budget funds.
E. COURT ADMINISTRATION—Charles Hydovitz
1. Consider approval of request for purchase of Court Reporter furnishings in an amount of $23,680.09 from the remaining 2017 fiscal year funds and $6,686.40 from the 2018 fiscal year budget for a total of $30,366.49.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C86-2018 with Infax for hardware and software support for the Court’s Electronic Docket boards for three years at a total cost of $4,500.00 from FY 2018 funds.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions