II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of a request from the Washburn Law Intensive Trial Advocacy Program for use of the Courthouse on Saturday, May 19th, from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for final trials —District Court.
2. Consider acceptance of easements for the NW Button Road over Tributary to Halfday Creek; 0.3 miles North of NW 46 Street and authorization to pay the owner the agreed settlement amount of $5,000.00-Counselor.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones indicating that the 911 PSAP Annual Report for 2017 has been submitted to the Kansas Association of Counties—Sheriff’s Office.
4. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $759.37—District Attorney.
5. Consider acceptance of easements for the SW 109th Street over Tributary to Wakarusa, 0.55 mi West of SW Valencia Road and authorization to pay the owner the agreed settlement amount of $2,810.00—Public Works.
6. Consider acceptance of easements for the SW 89th Street over Tributary to Wakarusa, 0.54 mi and 0.66 mi East of SW Carlson Road and authorization to pay the owner the agreed settlement amount of $3,340.00—Public Works.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL—Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-10 approving and authorizing the execution and delivery of a Base Lease Agreement and Lease purchase agreement in connection with the sale, issuance and delivery of Shawnee County, Kansas Public Building Commission Revenue Bonds (Kansas Expocentre Project), Series 2018 in principal amount not to exceed $32,000,000; and authorizing the officers, employees and representatives of Shawnee County, Kansas, to do and perform all things necessary, appropriate and incidental thereto under the authority of K.S.A.§§12-1757 ET SEQ. – Commissioner Cook.
C. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT—Dusty Nichols
1. Consider approval of Ambulance Compliance Officer Year End Report 2017.
2. Consider approval of request to award bid for Hazardous Materials training to Federal Resources and authorization and execution of Contract C77-2018 for same, at a cost of $27,750.00 with funding from the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant.
D. PARKS + RECREATION
1. Consider approval of request to award bid for maintenance and painting of pools at Oakland and Blaisdell pool sites to J.F. McGivern Inc. and authorization and execution of Contract C78-2018 for same, at a cost of $31,805.00 for Oakland Pool and $78,855.00 for Blaisdell, with funding from the Capital Maintenance 3R Fund-Aquatics.
2. Consider approval of request to award bids for the purchase of chemicals for the operation of the Noxious Weed and Parks + Recreation Departments for the remainder of the 2018 calendar year with an option of a one year renewal.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C79-2018 with Jim Richards for an agricultural lease agreement to farm 7.44 acres of ground in a portion of Dornwood Park for a lease period of one year with the option to renew the lease for a total period of two one-year term(s) in which he will contribute $558.00 annually to the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Foundation, for support of the Friends of Dornwood.
4. Consider approval of request to award bid for pool maintenance and painting of the Shawnee North Pool to Utility Maintenance Contractors and authorization and execution of Contract C80-2018 for same, at a total cost of $80,743.00 with funding from the Capital Maintenance 3R Fund-Aquatics.
E. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE—Kellen Seitz
1. Consider approval of request for capital expenditures in a total amount of $12,527.10 as follows:
(a) Landon Arena boiler repairs by PCI for parts and services totaling $10,375.13.
(b) South parking lot driveway repair by Shawnee County Department of Public Works in an amount of $2,151.97.
F. HEALTH DEPARTMENT—Linda Ochs
1. Consider approval of request to fill the Clinical Services Team Leader Position at a range 17, step 5, for a candidate with 10 years of experience, at an annual salary including benefits of $80,425.20.
2. Consider approval of a request to reclassify and fill a vacant Registered Nurse position and any subsequent position that become vacant from filling this position at a salary, including benefits of $65,582.00 and to reclassify three filled RN positions in the Nurse Family Partnership Program due to the revised position description only; range, step, and wage remain the same.
3. Consider approval of request to create and fill an Epidemiologist position in the Shawnee County Health Department and any subsequent positions which result from filling this position at a salary, including benefits, of $61,214.00.
G. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES—Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of request to purchase furniture for the Register of Deeds office in an amount of $12,767.98 paid from the department’s budget.
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-11 amending Resolution 2014-110, Reorganizing the Reporting Structure of Shawnee County Departments—Commissioner Cook.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
meeting of the
shawnee county kansAs public building commission