1. Recognition of Clarence Irish, Parks + Recreation, on his recent Character Recognition Award from a joint effort of the Safe Streets Coalition of Topeka, Shawnee County and Topeka City of Character—Parks + Recreation.
2. Recognition of a Sponsorship Agreement with Dick’s Sporting Goods and the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Foundation to assist all parties in the local youth teams participating in the Parks + Recreation leagues with discounted or free merchandise and equipment—Parks + Recreation.
3. Presentation of the 2018 Property Valuation Notices from Shawnee County Appraiser Steve Bauman.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Reflect that Dr. David Kingfisher has resigned as the Medical Director for AMR and the joint interview committee met and interviewed three candidates in January 2018 and have selected Dr. Kennen Thompson to serve in that position—Emergency Management.
2. Consider approval of two memberships for the Kansas Gang Investigator Association at a cost of $25.00 each that allowed two supervisors to attend an annual conference in Lawrence, Kansas--Corrections.
3. Consider approval of request to refund sewer fees to Mr. Raul Lopez in an amount of $908.24 from the Sewer District No. 65 fund—Public Works.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the Special Law Enforcement Trust Funds Annual Report for 2017, showing revenues and expenditures for the year.—Sheriff’s Office.
5. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Board of County Commission meeting minutes of January 8, 11, 18, 22, 25, 29 and Public Building Commission dated January 18, 2018.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PUBLIC WORKS / SOLID WASTE—Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to award bid to Bettis Asphalt & Construction Inc., for the Sterling Chase Subdivision Street Improvement Project Phase III and authorization and execution of Contract C67-2018 for same, in an amount of $308,241.50 to be assessed to parcels in the subdivision.
2. Consider approval of request to award bid and enter into negotiations for the Lagoon Dredging Services Project to Nutri-ject Systems, Inc. for dredging, permitting, reporting and land application services for Sanitary Sewer Districts No. 2 and 6 funded by user fees.
C. CORRECTIONS—Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to award bid to Midwest Medical Waste, Inc./Medi-Waste Disposal for bio-medical waste disposal needs and authorization and execution of Contract C68-2018 for same, at a cost of $18.00 per container.
D. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C69-2018 with Global Payments Direct, Inc. allowing Parks + Recreation to consolidate all credit card payment processing under one vendor and for one rate with an expense for this service of 2.5% per transaction, $12.50 monthly fee, and $24.75 quarterly fee with funding from the operating budget.
E. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY—Pat Oblander
1. Consider approval of request for out-of-state travel for one employee to attend the Tyler Connect 2018 Conference at a cost not to exceed $3,200.00.
F. APPRAISER—Steve Bauman
1. Consider approval of request to fill the GIS Analyst position at a step 5 of range 14 for a candidate with exceptional experience and qualifications at a salary including benefits of $62,586.80.
G. HEALTH DEPARTMENT—Linda Ochs
1. Consider approval of request to participate in a multi-county collaboration to solicit proposals and select a vendor a for an Electronic Health Record system at no obligation to the county to purchase.
2. Consider approval of request to submit a Kansas Governor’s Council on Fitness Walking Enhancement Funding application to increase accessibility and walk-ability of the Shawnee County trail network in an amount of $9,780.00, no matching funds are required for this grant.
3. Request approval of request for three employees (two Health Department and one Emergency Management employee) for out-of-state travel to attend the 2018 Public Health Emergency Preparedness Summit at a cost not to exceed $6,500.00.
H. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE—Bill Kroll
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C70-2018 with Green Touch Lawn & Tree, to provide mowing, fertilization and weed control at the Courthouse, both Health Department Building locations, and the Elections Office at a cost specified per application in the contract to be funded from Facilities Maintenance (Courthouse), Health Department and Elections Office operating budgets.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C71-2018 with the Furniture Mall of Kansas to provide and install carpet, vinyl plank flooring and covebase in the remaining un-renovated areas of the Emergency Operations Center and replacement of the carpet in the Human Resources Office at a total cost of $23,030.80 from the 2017 Capital Maintenance budget approved for carpet replacement.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions