II. Unfinished Business
1. Update on Kansas Expocentre master plan/renovations.
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of the November 28, 2017 minutes of the Parks + Recreation Advisory/Advocacy Board meeting.
2. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Shawnee County Fire District #2 Treasurer’s Bond—County Clerk.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Auburn Township Treasurer’s Bond—County Clerk.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE—Tom Vlach
1. Consider authorization and execution of the following contracts with Osage Rural Water District No. 8 for adjustment of utilities for the following projects with funding from the Special Bridge Fund:
(a) Contract C58-2018 for the 29th Street over un-named tributary to Mission Creek culvert replacement project at an estimated expenditure of $21,407.45 not to exceed $24,000.00.
(b) Contract C59-2018 for the SW 89th Street over unnamed tributaries to the Wakarusa culvert replacement project with an estimated cost not to exceed $3,000.00.
(c) Contract C60-2018 for the SW Crawford Road over un-named tributaries to the middle branch of the Wakarusa River culvert replacement project with an estimated cost not to exceed $3,000.00.
(d) Contract C61-2018 for the SW Crawford Road over un-named tributaries to Wakarusa culvert replacement project with an estimated cost not to exceed $3,000.00.
(e) Contract C62-2018 for the SW Douglas Road over un-named tributaries to Wakarusa culvert replacement project with an estimated cost not to exceed $3,000.00.
C. PARKS + RECREATION—John Knight
1. Consider approval of the Lake Shawnee restrictions and closings for 2018 community events.
2. Consider awarding the bid to SlidePros for refurbishing a spray feature and slide at Blaisdell Family Aquatic Center in Gage Park in an amount of $13,020.00 and authorization and execution of Contract C63-2018 for same, payable from the Capital Maintenance 3R Fund—Aquatics.
D. HEALTH AGENCY – Linda Ochs
1. Consider out-of-state travel for one Health Dept. Finance staff member to attend the National Government Finance Officers Association Conference in St. Louis at a cost of $1,141.00 and the possibility of a $475.00 scholarship that could result in a cost of $666.00 if awarded.
2. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-8 authorizing the destruction of 39 boxes of medical records, WIC records, billing records, child care licensing records and communicable disease investigation records with destruction dates of December 31, 2012 through January 19, 2018—Commissioner Cook.
E. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to fill one Account Clerk II position for the Juvenile Detention Center with a salary, including benefits, of $41,784.00.
F. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider approval of request for seven employees (two County Clerk employees; two Information Technology employees; two Human Resource/Payroll employees; and one Audit Finance employee) for out-of-state travel to attend the 2018 Superion SPARK Customer Summit week-long event at a cost of approximately $13,000.00.
G. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Consider approval of request to fill two additional patrolman positions that were not included in the 2018 budget but funding is available.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions