II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C49-2018 (original Contract C401a-2015) with PharmWaste Technologies, Inc. for collection and destruction of hazardous pharmaceutical waste at a cost of $250.00 per year with funding from the 2018 budget—Health Dept.
2. Consider authorization and execution of the following service agreements for Old Prairie Town’s Tulips at Twilight event on April 5:
(a) Contract C50-2018 with Mary Bartell for entertainment with compensation of $100.00
(b) Contract C51-2018 with Brad Hendrix for entertainment with compensation of $200.00
(c) Contract C52-2018 with John Jaramillo for entertainment with compensation of $200.00
(d) Contract C53-2018 with Benjamin Taddiken for entertainment with compensation of $200.00
(e) Contract C54-2018 with the Topeka Blues Society for entertainment with compensation of $200.00.
3. Consider acceptance of easements for the SW Douglas Road culvert over tributary to Ross Creek and authorization to pay land owners the agreed settlement amount of $1,375.00—Public Works/Solid Waste.
4. Consider acceptance of easements for the culvert replacement project on SW Crawford Road over un-named tributaries to the Wakarusa, and authorization to pay three land owners the agreed settlement amounts of $500.00, $1,025.00 and $500.00 (totaling $2,025.00)—Public Works /Solid Waste.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the February 12th agenda for the Planning Commission and the minutes of the December 11th meeting-- Planning.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE—Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for 10 various Solid Waste vehicles for a total estimated cost of $1,245,000.00 from the Solid Waste collections operational budget.
2. Consider authorization to solicit bids, waive bidding procedures and purchase various materials to effectively maintain its roadways though the 2018 calendar year and the 2018-19 winter season with funding from the 2018 Public Works Road Maintenance Fund, 2018 Public Works Bridge Maintenance Fund, Special Bridge Fund, Monmouth and Grove Townships’ Roadway funds.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to award the bid to Conroy Contractors, Inc. for the completion of the Gage Park fitness trail including both the northern and west portions consisting of the concrete trail, bridge, culverts and other flat work in an amount of $525,440.00 with funding in part through a National Recreational Trails Grant of $288,833.00 for the northern portion of the trail and a Sunflower Foundation grant of $110,000.00 for the western portion and $167,766.00 from the Parks + Recreation Building Maintenance Fund for total funding of $566,599.00 and authorization and execution of Contract C55-2018 for same.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions