II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2018CV000025—Wells Fargo Bank NA vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al and Case No. 2018CV000029—Wells Fargo Bank vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al—County Clerk.
2. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2017CV000796—Burrous vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al and Case No. 2017CV000837—US Bank Trust NA – Trustee vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al—County Clerk.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the February 14th meeting agenda of the Kansas Expocentre Advisory Board and minutes of the January 20, 2018 meeting.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to reclassify the Field Training Officer to a Lead Corrections Specialist with an increase in annual wage of $2,300.00 effective the first pay period in July of 2018.
2. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for new exterior fencing for the segregation unit exercise area with funding from the remaining Certificate of Participation funds.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C20-2018 with the Topeka Youth Project to provide work life skills program for juvenile offenders at a cost of $5,000.00 with funding from the inmate wellness account with no cost to the County or taxpayers.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C21-2018 with Genesis Health Clubs for the operation and management of the Kossover Tennis Center at a fee of $36,000.00 annually with Genesis contributing ten percent of annual gross revenues for future facility upgrades and program improvements.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contracts C22-2018 through C38-2018 with Ice Masters for rental of icemakers for various Parks and Recreation seasonal facilities throughout the County.
D. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of the Sheriff’s Office Federal Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification for 2017 and the Federal Forfeiture account summary for 2017 with a copy of the income statement showing revenues and expenditures for the year.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding purchase of eight Sound Off nForce light bars for Chevrolet Tahoes at $1,709.00 each and two Sound Off nForce light bars for Dodge Durangos at $1,709.00 each from KA-Comm, Inc. for a total of $17,090.00 with funding from the 2017 budget.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding purchase of a bi-directional amplifier at Rossville High School and Silver Lake High School for radio coverage from TBS Electronics at a total cost of $11,901.00 with each school district reimbursing half of their invoice and the total cost from the Sheriff’s 2017 budget of $5,955.00.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions