1. Update on Valeo – Bill Persinger, CEO.
II. Unfinished Business
1. Acknowledge receipt of the petition to create Sterling Chase Subdivision No. 1 Street Benefit District Phase III; hold Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2018-3 authorizing the creation of such Street District and Resolution No. 2018-4 creating Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 69, Lateral Sewer District No. 5, and authorizing the construction of the sewer—Bond Counsel.
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C14-2018 with Clifford Power for bi-annual maintenance for the backup generator at the radio tower located at the Topeka Tower, 534 S. Kansas Ave., at a cost of $968.00 per year through December 31, 2020 with funding from the 911 funds—Sheriff’s Office.
2. Acknowledge receipt and consider acceptance of the Treasurer’s Idle Funds Investment quarterly report ending December 31, 2017.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider acceptance of the Treasurer’s December 2017 bank reconciliation report.
4. Reflect that Commissioner Cook, as Chair, signed the Dept. of Justice Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification for the District Attorney’s Office.
5. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $11,418.54—District Attorney.
6. Consider approval for Commissioner Cook, as Chair, to create an account as the 340B authorizing official and approve updates to the Shawnee County Health Department’s account for the 340B Drug Pricing Program—Health Dept.
7. Consider approval of request to purchase an All-Access Pass subscription for unlimited access to Continuing Professional Education resources from Lorman Education Services at a cost of $381.48 for one year—Audit-Finance.
8. Acknowledge receipt of communication from Cox Communications regarding price changes effective February 11, 2018.
9. Consider approval of request to authorize payment of final expenses for Terri Dean in an amount of $350.00—Coroner.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of request for financial commitment for Sterling Chase Subdivision No. 1 Street Benefit District Phase III.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-5 requesting the Shawnee County Kansas Public Building Commission issue its revenue bonds in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $32,000,000.00, the proceeds from which will finance additions, improvements, furnishing and equipping improvements to the Shawnee County facilities located on the Kansas Expocentre grounds—Commissioner Cook.
C. COUNTY COUNSELOR—Jim Crowl
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-6 establishing Shawnee County Commission Districts –Commissioner Cook.
D. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C15-2018 with Schmidt, Beck & Boyd Engineering LLC to prepare plans, specifications and bidding documents for Sterling Chase Subdivision No. 1 Street Improvement Phase III, NW 53rd Terrace: NW Sterling Chase Drive to NW Fielding Road and NW Beaumont Court at a total cost of $29,500.00 with funding from the Special Assessment account.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C16-2018 with Schmidt, Beck & Boyd Engineering LLC for construction engineering and staking services for Sterling Chase Subdivision No. 1 Street Improvement Phase III, NW 53rd Terrace: NW Sterling Chase Drive to NW Fielding Road and NW Beaumont Court at a total cost of $36,500.00 with funding from the Special Assessment Account.
E. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE—Bill Kroll
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C17-2018 with Piping Contractors of Kansas, Inc. (PCI) for replacement and renovation of existing HVAC system at the North Annex at a guaranteed maximum price to be determined upon completion of design from the 2017 Capital Outlay budget.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C18-2018 with Arment Enterprises, LLC for custodial services at the Courthouse, North Annex, two Health Dept. locations and the Election Office at a cost of $10,771.00 per month with funding from the operating budgets of Facilities, Health Dept. and Elections.
F. PARKS + RECREATION—John Knight
1. Consider approval of an out-of-state travel request for one employee to attend the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) 2018 Revenue Development and Management School at the National Training Center in Wheeling, West Virginia at a cost not to exceed $3,500.00 from the Operations budget.
1. Acknowledge receipt of the resignation of Duane Johnson from the Topeka-Shawnee County Public Library Board representing the 2nd Commission District—Commissioner Cook.
2. Acknowledge the appointment by Commissioner Buhler of Luke Yoder to the Parks and Recreation Advisory/Advocacy Board.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
MEETING OF THE
shawnee county kansas public building commission
I. Consider approval of PBC-Resolution No. 2018-1 declaring the intent of the Shawnee County Kansas Public Building Commission to issue PBC revenue bonds in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $32,000,000.00 for the purpose of acquiring, constructing, improving, furnishing and equipping improvements and additions to the Shawnee County facilities located on the Expocentre grounds and lease said facilities back to the County and giving notice of its intent to issue such bonds.