1. Elect Chair of the Shawnee County Commission.
2. Elect Vice-Chair of the Shawnee County Commission.
3. Consider appointments of Commissioners to the following:
(a) Ambulance Advisory Board
(b) Kansas Labor Workforce Development Committee
(c) Metropolitan Topeka Planning Organization (MTPO)
(d) Stormont-Vail Advisory Board
(e) Go Topeka Board
(f) Health Access Board
(g) Chamber of Commerce Board
(h) Kansas Expocentre Advisory Board
(i) Shawnee County Security Council
(j) Greater Topeka Partnership Chairs Council
4. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-1 setting the days and hours the courthouse will be open, setting dates and times of the Commission meetings and setting agenda procedures—Commissioner Archer.
5. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2018-2 designating the official county newspaper—Commissioner Archer.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $1,250.60—District Attorney.
2. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $1,616.12—District Attorney.
3. Consider approval of request to authorize payment of final expenses for Sandra Jean McCarren in an amount of $350.00—Coroner.
4. Acknowledge receipt and consider acceptance of the Treasurer’s November 2017 bank reconciliation report—County Treasurer.
5. Consider approval to renew a Sam’s Club business membership for fiscal year 2018 for purchasing office supplies—Community Corrections.
6. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2017CV000744—Wells Fargo Bank NA vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al; Case No. 2017CV000757—US Bank Trust NA – Trustee vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al; and Case No. 2017CV000806—Heritage Bank vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al—County Clerk.
7. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding annual maintenance with Carmichael Business Systems (Contract C1-2018) for IRecord Services from January 15, 2018 through January 15, 2019 at a cost of $5,665.00—Sheriff’s Office.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Acknowledge receipt of a petition filed for the attachment of adjoining lands to Rural Water District No. 3, Douglas County, Kansas, and consider setting the hearing date of Monday, January 22, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. to consider attachment.
B. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE—Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of Change Order No. 1 (final) to Contract C126-2017 with Bettis Asphalt & Construction Inc. adjusting the “as Bid” quantities to those of “as Constructed” quantities resulting in an overall contract price decrease in an amount of $11,114.96 for the SW Urish Road: SW 17th to SW Huntoon Street project.
2. Consider approval of Change Order No. 1 (final) to Contract No. C6-2016 with A.M. Cohron & Son, Inc. adjusting the “as Bid” quantities to those of “as Constructed” quantities resulting in an overall contract price decrease of $15,165.66 for the NW Carlson Road (Willard) Bridge over the Kansas River project.
C. HEALTH DEPARTMENT—Linda Ochs
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C2-2018 with Kansas Integrated Public Health System Inc. for annual maintenance of the data management and billing software system at a cost of $7,060.13 with funding from the 2018 budget.
2. Consider approval of request for out-of-state travel for two staff members to attend the National WIC Education Conference at a cost of $4,300.00 with funding from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment Nutrition and WIC Services.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C3-2018 with Cox Business to provide public Wi-Fi for the J.P. Lewis building at a cost of $130.00 per month for a one year period.
D. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C4-2018 with the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers allowing Parks + Recreation to publicly play musical compositions by artists that are members of the society at a cost of $1,808.00 with funding from the 2018 operating budget.
E. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Consider acceptance of the resignation of Soldier Township Fire Chief Karl McNorton from the Ambulance Advisory Board and consider appointment of Mission Township Fire Chief Forrest Walter to serve the unexpired term (until June 11, 2019).
1. Consider appointment of the Soldier Township Clerk.
2. Reflect that Commissioner Archer is appointing Eric Purcell to the Riverfront Authority Board as his representative.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions