II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider action regarding the North Aquatic Center issue.
1. Consider Resolution Nos. 2005-1, 2005-2 and 2005-3 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks—Commissioner Ensley.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from KDHE regarding a proposed Kansas Water Pollution Control Permit for Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. Wastewater Treatment Facility.
3. Acknowledge receipt of overtime report for IT and Emergency Communications.
4. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Shawnee County Fire District #4 Firemen’s Relief Treasurer’s Bond.
5. Consider Contract C1-2005 for design and construction engineering services for the replacement of the SW Auburn Road Bridge over Six Mile Creek.
6. Consider Contract C2-2005 for design and construction engineering services for the replacement of the SE Stubbs Road Bridge over Deer Creek.
7. Consider Contract C3-2005 for design and construction engineering services for the replacement of the Ward Road Bridge over Whetstone Creek.
8. Consider Resolution Nos. 2005-4 and 2005-5 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel and reissue checks—Commissioner Ensley.
9. Acknowledge receipt of Notice of Suit in Case No. 04C1696—Household Finance Corporation III v. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas et al.
10. Consider letter supporting Sheltered Living, Inc.’s grant application to KDOT.
11. Acknowledge receipt of Emergency Purchase Form from Corrections for repairs to the HVAC Unit.
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. HUMAN RESOURCES – Rich Davis
1. Consider request to reclassify the Employee/Labor Relations Officer position to Deputy Director of Human Resources.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2005-6 revising and clarifying Shawnee County’s shared leave policy—Commissioner Ensley.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2005-7 revising and clarifying Shawnee County’s Family and Medical Leave Act policy—Commissioner Ensley.
C. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider Contracts C4-2005 and C5-2005, addendums to contracts with the Coroner and Deputy Coroner, extending their employment for an additional four years.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2005-8 expressing intent to grant relief from ad valorem taxes for proposed buildings, machinery, and equipment that would be incurred if Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. expanded their nutrition center—Commissioner Ensley.
3. Consider reorganization of County Counselor’s Office.
D. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider Contract C6-2005 for expansion of a SBC T-1 line from the North Annex to Public Works Road and Bridge.
E. APPRAISER – Mark Hixon
1. Consider Contract C7-2005 with David Craig & Company, Inc. for appraisal services.
F. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to access the State of Kansas Motor Vehicle Contract for the purchase of an 8-passenger van for Information Technology.
2. Consider awarding bid for vehicles for the Noxious Weed and Emergency Management departments.
3. Consider awarding bid for the sale of Shawnee County surplus and authorize solicitation of bids for future surplus.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS