II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider appointment of Menoken Township Trustee.
2. Consider the annexation of the Rockfire at the Lake Subdivision into the City of Topeka.
1. Consider request to purchase 500 96-gallon residential totes for Refuse Dept.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from the Sheriff’s Office regarding the purchase of 21 pieces of body armor for a total cost of $9,639.00.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from the Sheriff’s Office regarding the purchase of two Panasonic tough book computers for a total cost of $10,560.00.
4. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from the Sheriff’s Office regarding the purchase of a synthesized Audio Intelligence System at a cost of $6,640.00.
5. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04-C-1584—Obisa McBride vs. the Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County.
6. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04-C-1585—Garry E. Williams vs. Board of County Commissioners, et al.
7. Consider Resolution No. 2004-209 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel and reissue a check—Commissioner Ensley.
8. Consider awarding bid for the construction of the Misty Harbor Subdivision No. 2 and Sewer District No. 90 Lateral No. 1 projects and Contract C340-2004 for same.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. CORONER – Dr. Erik Mitchell
1. Consider request to solicit bids for body transportation services.
C. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider request to solicit bids for road materials for 2005.
2. Consider request to waive bidding process for the purchase of rock for 2005.
D. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider request to advertise and fill a vacant position.
2. Consider request to expand the Shawnee County Wide Area network.
E. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to hire three to five temporary staff members until January 1, 2005 to assist the Business Office staff.
F. REFUSE – Steve Bolton
1. Consider request for a five percent residential rate increase effective January 1, 2005.
G. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for replacement of the driveway entrance at Nana’s Park for Parks and Recreation.
2. Consider request to access the State of Kansas Motor Vehicle Contract to purchase vehicles.
H. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider claim of Mr. Dean White for damage to his asphalt driveway.
I. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS – Dina Pennington
1. Consider FY 2006 JJA Prevention Program Grant application.
2. Consider JJA FY04 unexpended funds request.
J. PARKS AND RECRATION – John Knight
1. Consider Contract C341-2004, amendment to Contract No. C88-2004 for additional engineering services for an additional bridge relating to the Lake Shawnee Trail project.
2. Consider Contract C342-2004 with KDOT defining the responsibilities of each party for securing funding from the Federal Transportation Act to construct Phase 1 of the Lake Shawnee Trail.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2004-210 supporting construction of the next phase of the Lake Shawnee Trail—Commissioner Ensley.
K. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT – Jon Forrestt
1. Consider request to negotiate a contract for design of Expocentre improvements.
L. AUDIT FINANCE – Trinket Harding
1. Consider claim from Capitol Plaza Hotel for lost revenue.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS