1. Presentation regarding new safety help line.
II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Discuss safety issue related to the isolation of the Law Enforcement Center from morgue air contamination.
1. Consider Change Order No. 1 to Contract C188-2004 for the installation of conduit for the underground electrical power for the Prairie Hill Sewer District No. 83 pump station.
2. Consider Contract C324-2004, amendment #4 to Contract C103-2001 for the redesign to move the force main and sanitary sewer to accommodate the underground electrical power for the Prairie Hill Sewer District No. 83 pump station.
3. Acknowledge receipt of Emergency Communications Statistics for the month of October 2004.
4. Consider Resolution No. 2004-200 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks—Commissioner Ensley.
5. Receive, for approval by the Board, Commission Meeting minutes of May 20 and 27, 2004 and June 7, 2004.
6. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04C1473—Community America Credit Union vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, et al.
7. Consider request to waive bidding procedures and purchase and install ten infrared detectors with the Local Law Enforcement Block Grant funds and Contract C325-2004 for same.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the Interim Balance Sheet for the month ended October 29, 2004.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. CORONER – Dr. Erik Mitchell
1. Consider purchase of integrated closed circuit television system.
C. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – H. R. Cook
1. Consider request for capital expenditure to purchase tables.
D. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to solicit proposals for medical malpractice insurance.
2. Consider grant application for Smart Start Kansas funding.
3. Consider Contract C326-2004 allowing the Health Agency to bill for health care services provided by Dr. Maria Quevedo to individuals covered by benefit plans sponsored or issued by Century Health Solutions, Inc.
4. Consider letter of intent for participation with the Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment and the Kansas Department on Aging in implementing the Arthritis Self-Help Course.
5. Consider Contract C327-2004 accepting Title IIB and IID grant awards for home-based personal care and community health clinics for the Health Agency.
E. REGISTER OF DEEDS – Marilyn Nichols
1. Consider request to fill vacant Office Assistant 1 position.
F. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider request to solicit bids for a RS-6000 to support Mobile Data Terminal messaging, accident/filed reporting and CAD/MDT interface between CECC, Police and Sheriff’s Offices.
G. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider request to issue proposals for “on-call” acquisition services for right-of-way acquisition for various infrastructure projects (road, sewer and bridge) for 2005.
2. Consider request to issue proposals for “on-call” appraisal services for right-of-way acquisition for various Shawnee County infrastructure projects (road, sewer and bridge) for 2005.
H. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bids for surplus.
I. CORRECTIONS – Betsy Gillespie
1. Consider request to waive formal bidding procedures and purchase a new food tray system.
1. Consider scheduling a Commission Meeting on Wednesday, November 10, 2004.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS