II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2004-15, amending Home Rule Resolution No. 2001-4 to permit xeriscaping (natural landscaping)—Commissioner Ensley.
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Cox Communications regarding addition to the cable channel lineup.
2. Consider acceptance of a permanent sanitary sewer easement and a temporary construction easement acquired for the Lincolnshire Pump Station project.
3. Consider awarding bid for construction of the Lauren’s Bay Subdivision Street Project and Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 79 Lateral District No. 4 project and Contract C317-2004 for same.
4. Consider certification to KDOT that necessary right-of-way has been acquired or condemnation action has been initiated and utility arrangements have been made for the relocation of conflicting utilities for the NW 46th Street Bridge over Little Soldier Creek.
5. Consider Resolution Nos. 2004-192 and 2004-193 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks—Commissioner Ensley.
6. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from the Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment advising that the revised Shawnee County Sanitary Code has been reviewed and approved.
7. Acknowledge receipt of report on the status of the Recycling Department.
8. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of April 15, 2004.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2004-194 and Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2004-16 relating to the County’s health insurance and cafeteria plan—Commissioner Ensley.
B. CORONER – Dr. Erik Mitchell
1. Discussion of safety issue relating to the isolation of the Law Enforcement Center from Morgue air contamination.
C. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for a scanner for the Appraiser’s Office.
2. Consider rejecting bid for a scanner for the Treasurer’s Office and request to revise specifications and re-solicit.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS