II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider Contract C308-2004 for the design and inspection services for the Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 90 Lateral Sanitary Sewer District No. 1 project.
2. Consider Contract C309-2004 for the design and inspection services for the Misty Harbor Estates Subdivision No. 2 Street Benefit District project.
3. Consider acceptance of a permanent public right-of-way easement and temporary construction easement for the SW Wanamaker Road, 37th Street to 39th Street project and authorization to pay property owner the agreed settlement amount.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the Treasurer’s Bank Reconciliation for the month ended September 30, 2004.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the July, August and September 2004 Shawnee County Investment Performance Statistics Reports.
6. Acknowledge receipt of Emergency Communications Statistics for the month of September, 2004.
7. Consider Emergency Vehicle Permit for Jolene Weston
8. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2004-14 revising the travel resolution eliminating the Shawnee County Refuse Director from the car allowance paragraph—Commissioner Ensley.
9. Consider Resolution No. 2004-175 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks—Commissioner Ensley.
10. Consider Contract C310-2004 with Engineered Recovery Systems, Inc. for disposal of medical waste for the Dept. of Corrections.
11. Consider Contract C311-2004 authorizing the Dept. of Corrections to show videocassettes to inmates and juveniles without violating the individual or home performance licensing restrictions.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Public Hearing for a vacation of a part of NW Humphrey Road and consider Resolution No. 2004-176 vacating that portion—Commissioner Ensley.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-177 creating a sewer benefit district in Sherwood Estates Subdivision Nos. 59 and 62—Commissioner Ensley.
2. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-178 creating a storm sewer benefit district in Sherwood Estates Subdivision Nos. 59 and 62—Commissioner Ensley.
3. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-179 creating a sewer benefit district in Rockfire at the Lake Subdivision—Commissioner Ensley.
4. Consider Resolution No. 2004-180 authorizing the acquisition, installation and financing of various improvements to seven facilities at the Kansas Expocentre—Commissioner Ensley.
5. Consider Resolution No. 2004-181 authorizing the sale of the County’s Temporary Notes, Series 2004-3—Commissioner Ensley.
C. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Richard Eckert
1. Consider claim of Brian and Tracy Jepson.
2. Consider claim of Craig B. McPherson.
D. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider request to fill a vacant Park Maintenance Worker position.
2. Consider request to solicit bids for concrete removal and placement at Nana’s Park located at S.E. 37th and California.
E. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to advertise and fill a Patient Services Specialist position.
F. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS – Bill Singer
1. Consider request to advertise and hire a Communications Technician.
1. Consider appointment to the Advisory Council of the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS