1. Presentation of Ambulance Advisory Board Annual Report—Mark Hood, Ambulance Advisory Board Member and Ken Keller, AMR.
II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04C1283—Gary Kramer and Helen Kramer vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from the Recycling Director regarding approval by the Planning Commission for a conditional use permit for the centralized composting facility.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the Kansas Expocentre Meeting Agenda for September 29, 2004 and the minutes of the August meeting.
4. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04-C-1289—C.E. “Pete” Ritchey vs. Shawnee County, Kansas, a municipal corporation, et al.
5. Consider Resolution Nos. 2004-173 and 2004-174 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks—Commissioner Ensley.
6. Acknowledge receipt of a Resolution from Williamsport Township requesting consideration of posting 35 mph speed limit signs on SW Fairlawn between 77th Street and 85th Street.
7. Consider signing application for a composting facility permit and composting facility permit certification.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the Overtime Report for IT and Emergency Communications.
9. Consider Change Order No. 2 to Contract C461-2003 for the SE 89th Street Bridge over Trib to Wakarusa River project.
10. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the financial surety in the form of an Irrevocable Letter of Credit submitted for Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 90, Lateral District No. 1 and Misty Harbor Estates Subdivision No. 2 Street Benefit District.
11. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of April 29 and May 13, 2004.
12. Acknowledge receipt of the Treasurer’s Bank Reconciliation for the month ended August 31, 2004.
13. Consider acceptance of easement required for the improvement of SW 21st Street and SW Urish Road.
14. Consider letter to Southwestern Bell certifying that Shawnee County has no objection to the E 9-1-1 service plan.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider Correction Orders.
3. Acknowledge receipt of a memorandum from Public Works Director Lynn Couch and Mr. Eric Miller relating to the non-use of the Topeka to Nebraska line located in Soldier Township and set hearing date for the vacation.
B. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – H. R. Cook
1. Consider capital expenditure request.
C. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Barta
1. Consider request to purchase two radio frequency modems from the State Contract.
2. Consider request to purchase video equipment from the State Contract.
D. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider request to solicit bids for the installation of a 4,000 gallon heated oil storage tank at the District No. 4 shop.
E. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to rescind the bid award on the scanner for the Appraiser’s Office and permission to re-solicit bids.
2. Consider request to solicit bids for vehicles or to access the State vehicle contract.
3. Consider awarding bid for the purchase of storage attached network for IT.
4. Consider request to fill the vacant Purchasing Specialist position.
F. HUMAN RESOURCES – Rich Davis
1. Consider Contract C307-2004, addendum to the Teamster’s Health Support Contract, adding the Spanish Translators to the section of the Contract that established the specific positions in the bargaining unit.
G. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to close the Health Agency facilities and programs for the FLU-X mass dispensing clinic to be held at the Kansas Expocentre on October 21, 2004.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS