1. Present plaque to Sergeant Richard Grassi upon his retirement.
II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider FY04 Community Corrections Evaluation Summary and Year-End Outcomes—Dina Pennington.
2. Consider Contract C293-2004 for annual maintenance of time stamp machines for District Court.
3. Acknowledge receipt of Notice of Sheriff’s Sale in Case No. 04-C-656—Community Bank of Pettis County vs. the Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al.
4. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of May 10, 2004.
5. Consider Resolution No. 2004-168 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel and reissue a check—Commissioner Ensley.
6. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from the Kansas Division of Property Valuation indicating that Shawnee County Appraiser’s Office has achieved substantial compliance.
7. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Rolling Meadows Landfill regarding an annual rate increase.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the Health Agency QA Committee Meeting agenda of September 23, 2004 and minutes of the July 22, 2004 meeting.
9. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Cox Communications regarding changes in pricing and service offerings.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider request to reclassify an Account Clerk II position to an Account Clerk III.
4. Consider request to advertise and fill vacant Office Assistant I position.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the petition for the creation of Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 91, Lateral District No. 1 in RockFire at the Lake Subdivision and consider setting the hearing date of October 7, 2004.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the petition for the creation of Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 46, Lateral District No. 11 in Sherwood Estates Subdivision No. 59 and 62 and consider setting the hearing date of October 7, 2004.
7. Acknowledge receipt of the petition for the creation of Sherwood Estates Subdivision No. 59 and 62 Storm Sewer District and consider setting the hearing date of October 7, 2004.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-169 creating a street benefit district in the RockFire at the Lake Subdivision—Commissioner Ensley.
2. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-170 creating a street benefit district in the Sherwood Estates Subdivision Nos. 59 and 62—Commissioner Ensley.
C. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider claim of Regina Crowder for damage to the wheels and tires on her vehicle.
D. PLANNING DEPARTMENT – Barry Beagle
1. Consider request to vacate a platted 30-foot drainage easement on certain lots within Sterling Chase Subdivision No. 1 within Soldier Township and sign Order of Vacation.
E. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider Contracts C294-2004, C295-2004 and C296-2004 with United Way of Greater Topeka, Kansas Children Service League and SRS providing the opportunity to continue offering an intensive home visitation program for at risk families with young children or families who are expecting children.
2. Consider Contract C297-2004, amendment to the Chronic Disease Risk Reduction Contract with KDHE.
3. Consider Contract C298-2004 for professional services of an ARNP.
4. Consider Contract C299-2004 with KDHE for funding to increase capacities to prepare for and respond to public health emergencies and potential bioterrorism issues in Shawnee County.
5. Consider Contract C300-2004 with KDHE for funding to enhance the regional preparedness and response capabilities for addressing public health and bioterrorism events in Kansas.
6. Consider request to advertise and fill a vacant RN position in the Bright Beginnings Health Futures program.
F. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider request to advertise and fill a vacant Park Maintenance worker position.
G. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding the bid for occupational health services.
H. FACLITIES MANAGEMENT - Jon Forrestt
1. Consider awarding bids for the Maner Conference and Jail re-roof projects and Contracts C301-2004 and C302-2004 for same.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS