II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider Emergency Vehicle Permit for Mark D. Johnson
2. Consider Contract C290-2004 for design and construction engineering services for the replacement of the NW 66th Street Bridge over Halfday Creek.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the Ambulance Advisory Board Agenda of September 22, 2004 and minutes of the August 11 meeting.
4. Consider Change Order No. 1 for the Sherwood Park Subdivision No. 6 Street Benefit District.
5. Consider acceptance of a permanent sanitary sewer easement in Lot 2, Block F of Monarch Meadows Subdivision for the Lincolnshire Pump Station Force Main project and authorization to pay property owner the agreed settlement amount.
6. Consider Contract C291-2004 with the Information Network of Kansas, Inc. for electronic access to Kansas Drivers’ License records.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-160 creating a sewer benefit district in Misty Harbor Estates Subdivision No. 2—Commissioner Ensley.
2. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-161 creating a secondary main sewer benefit district in Hidden Valley Subdivision No. 4—Commissioner Ensley.
3. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-162 creating a lateral sewer benefit district in Hidden Valley Subdivision No. 4—Commissioner Ensley.
4. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-163 creating a lateral sewer benefit district in Sterling Chase Subdivision—Commissioner Ensley.
5. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-164 authorizing the execution and delivery of a second supplemental indenture in connection with the Sedgwick County and Shawnee County GNMA collateralized mortgage loan revenue bonds, 1988 Series A, 1988 Series B and 1988 Series D—Commissioner Ensley.
C. PLANNING DEPARTMENT – Barry Beagle
1. Consider request for a cell phone.
D. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider request to reclassify a vacant Telecommunications Technician position to PC Technician, advertise and fill position.
E. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to advertise and fill a Home Health Aide position with the Adult Field Services Division.
F. ELECTIONS – Libby Ensley
1. Consider out-of-state travel to attend a conference.
2. Consider request to hire intermittent employees for the November election.
3. Consider sole source purchase of 85 memory cards for the election tabulation devices.
G. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider request to solicit bids for the printing of the three 2005 activity brochures.
1. Consider Resolution No. 2004-165 authorizing the levy of a local retailers’ sales tax of one-half cent commencing January 1, 2005 and expiring December 31, 2016, replacing the current one-quarter cent countywide retailers’ sales tax—Commissioner Ensley.
2. Consider canceling September 30 Commission meeting due to Topeka Chamber of Commerce Inter-City visit to Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS