II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider emergency vehicle permit for David K. Henry.
2. Acknowledge receipt of the 2005 budget request from the Shawnee County Conservation District.
3. Consider acceptance of a temporary construction easement for Tract No. 20 for the SW Wanamaker Road, 37th to 39th project and authorization to pay property owners the agreed settlement amount.
4. Consider acceptance of permanent public right-of-way easements and temporary construction easements for the NW 70th Street over Tributary to Halfday Creek bridge project
5. Acknowledge receipt of the August 24 FQHC Board Agenda and minutes of the July meeting.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the August 25 Kansas Expocentre Board Agenda and minutes of the July meeting.
7. Consider Resolution No. 2004-143 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel a check—Commissioner Ensley.
8. Consider Change Order No. 2 for the Hidden Valley Subdivision No. 3 street benefit district project.
9. Consider Contract C265-2004 for engineering services for the design and inspection of the Shawnee County Sewer District No. 79 Lateral Sanitary sewer District No. 4 project.
10. Consider recommendation of the Selection Committee for the engineering services for the Sewer District No. 74 pump station force main project and authorize the Public Works Department to negotiate a contract with Professional Engineering Consultants.
11. Consider Contract C266-2004 for engineering services for the design and inspection of the Lauren’s Bay Subdivision street benefit district project.
12. Consider Change Order No. 2 for the SW 61st Street Bridge over Tributary to N.B. of Wakarusa River project.
13. Consider acceptance of permanent public right-of-way easements for the SE Berryton Road over Berrys Creek project and authorization to pay property owners the agreed settlement amounts.
14. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of April 15, 2004.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. COURT SERVICES – Cathy Leonhart
1. Consider request to apply for City Drug-Alcohol funds with the County as fiscal agent for funding for treatment of Drug Court participants who are indigent.
C. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider out-of-state travel for the Clinical Services Director and Administrative Services Manager to attend a conference.
2. Consider Contract C267-2004 for medical supplies.
3. Consider request to advertise and fill the Community Relations Specialist position.
4. Consider Aging Mill Levy Grant application for the Home Care Assistance and Project ACCESS programs.
D. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider request to fill a position on a temporary basis within the Parks Division of Parks and Recreation.
2. Consider Contract C268-2004 setting out the conditions for the operation of the Great Topeka Duck Race.
3. Consider Contract C269-2004 identifying the responsibilities of the Great Plains Balloon Club and Shawnee County Parks and Recreation for the operation of the Huff-N-Puff Hot Air Balloon Rally.
E. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Barta
1. Consider funding for a file structure change due to the upgrade of the New World Record management System
F. HUMAN RESOURCES – Rich Davis
1. Consider appointment of a grievance committee.
G. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for the purchase of one scanner for Information Technology.
H. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider claim of Mr. Jitesh Patel
1. Consider request from the Shawnee County Advocacy Council on Aging to approve an amendment to the grant application for 2004 submitted by Midland Adult Day Programs to allow respite services to be delivered onsite at Midland’s Adult Day and Respite Programs.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2004-144 petitioning the Kansas Association of Counties for an amendment to its bylaws, creating a legislative policy committee and establishing the purpose and membership thereof—Commissioner Ensley.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS