II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider signing letter to the Juvenile Justice Authority for the Kansas Children Service League denying funding so they can apply for a grant from the Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Trust Fund.
2. Acknowledge receipt of the Independent Auditors’ Report for the Shawnee County Health Agency for 2003 by Berberich Trahan & Co., P.A. and for Shawnee County for 2003 by Berberich Trahan & Co. P.A.
3. Consider Home Rule Resolution HR-2004-13 approving the issuance of a building permit for property located at 4131 SE 77th Street—Commissioner Ensley.
4. Consider Contract C256-2004 for a service contract on two VoiceWriter machines for the Courts.
5. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04C1062, Joe Little v. Shawnee County and Case No. 04C1086, Beneficial Mortgage Co. of Kansas, Inc. vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County et.al.
6. Consider Emergency Vehicle Permit for Scott A. Hunt.
7. Consider final plat for the Williamsport Subdivision located at the southwest corner of SW 77th Street and SW Topeka Blvd.
8. Consider final plat for the McLin Subdivision on NW Hoch Road.
9. Consider Resolution No. 2004-139 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel a check—Commissioner Ensley.
10. Consider acceptance of temporary construction easements for the SW Wanamaker Road project, 37th to 39th Streets and authorization to pay property owners the agreed settlement amount.
11. Consider acceptance of a permanent public right-of-way easement for the NW Huxman Road over Silver Lake Drainage Ditch project and authorization to pay property owner the agreed settlement amount.
12. Acknowledge receipt of the FY 2005 Topeka -Shawnee County Public Library adopted budgets.
13. Acknowledge receipt of the official results of the August 3, 2004 Primary Election as certified by the Board of Canvassers on August 9, 2004.
14. Consider Resolution No. 2004-140, revised conditional use permit for the Nextel Tower at NE 46th and Kincaid, incorporating the conditions of the permit—Commissioner Ensley.
15. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of January 5, 2004.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the financial surety in the form of an Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit submitted for Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 79, Lateral District No. 4 and Lauren’s Bay Subdivision Street Benefit District.
1. Consider a joint resolution with the City of Topeka concerning proposed legislation addressing the City of Topeka and Shawnee County consolidation into a single governmental entity.
2. Discuss problems with the sewer project on NW 43rd Street.
C. PLANNING- Barry Beagle
1. Consider request for the Planning Department to pay membership to the American Planning Association for the Planner.
D. PURCHASING- Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bids for County surplus and request to solicit bids for the next surplus sale.
2. Consider awarding bid for traffic paint.
3. Consider request to hire a temporary employee to fill the Purchasing Assistant position.
E. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Barta
1. Consider request to return two part-time positions to one full time position and request to create an intermittent position.
F. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to advertise and fill a vacant OA III position.
2. Consider Contract C257-2004 with KDHE for colposcopy and pathology services.
3. Consider request to advertise and fill the Grants and Projects Officer position.
G. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS- Dina Pennington
1. Consider Contract C258-2004 with Mainstream, Inc. for coordination services.
2. Consider line item transfer forms for the YWCA After School Mentoring Program at Shawnee Heights and Logan Junior High After Hours Program.
H. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY- Bill Singer
1. Consider Contract C259-2004 with SBC for telephone lines in support of the Health Agency and satellite clinics.
I. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS- Bill Singer
1. Consider Contract C260-2004 with SBC for 911 data base service for 111 Exchange Access Agreements.
J. PARKS AND RECREATION- John Knight
1. Consider request to fill a golf course mechanic position on a temporary basis.
K. RECYCLING – Kim Nettleton
1. Consider request to solicit bids for household hazardous waste collection services.
L. AUDIT FINANCE- Trinket Harding
1. Consider 2005 Budget, agency funding and memberships, dues and subscriptions.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS