II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider Change Order No. 2 for the Sewer District No. 33 pump station force main project.
2. Consider right-of-acquisition for the SW 41st Street and Wanamaker Road Intersection and authorization to pay the settlement amount.
3. Reflect the Insurance Renewal Application for the Underground Storage Tank Liability Plan was signed by the Chairman of the Commission.
4. Consider Contract C244-2004 for annual maintenance of the Lanier Voicewriter Transcription machine for the County Clerk.
5. Consider acceptance of the Bureau of Justice Assistance 2004 Local Law Enforcement Block Grant.
6. Consider Contract C245-2004 with Cox Business Service for two years of cable service using bioterrorism grant funds.
7. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence regarding accolades for Shawnee County’s Medical Reserve Corps program and coordinator.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the Ambulance Advisory Board Meeting Agenda of August 11, 2004.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider Resolution No. 2004-129 authorizing the issuance, execution and delivery of Shawnee County, Kansas Temporary Notes, Series 2004-2 for certain street and sanitary sewer improvements and public recreation facilities—Commissioner Ensley.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2004-130 authorizing the issuance of Shawnee County, Kansas Series 2004A General Obligation Bonds for various Parks and Recreation improvements, improvements to Heritage Hall and several special benefit district projects for streets and sewers—Commissioner Ensley.
C. HUMAN RESOURCES – Rich Davis
1. Consider Resolution Nos. 2004-131 through 2004-138 adopting Contracts C246-2004 through C253-2004, amendments to the following union contracts: Teamsters Master; Parks and Recreation and Golf Course; Corrections; Process Server; Public Works; Clerical; Health Support; and Health Professionals; and classified scale adjustments—Commissioner Ensley.
D. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider installation of a door leading from the Health Agency’s Purchasing Office into the Administration Hallway.
2. Consider Contract C254-2004 with KDHE for a dedicated childhood lead poisoning prevention nurse.
3. Consider Contract C255-2004 with the Kansas Expocentre for use of Exhibition Hall for a countywide mass vaccination exercise.
E. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to fill vacant position.
1. Discuss problems with sewer project on NW 43rd Street.
2. Consider appointment of James F. Snyder to the Shawnee County Advocacy Council on Aging.
G. AUDIT FINANCE – Trinket Harding
1. Consider 2005 budget, agency funding and memberships, dues and subscriptions.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS