II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider Change Order No. 2 in the construction of Hidden Valley Subdivision Street Benefit District project.
2. Consider right-of-acquisition for the SW 41st Street and Wanamaker Road Intersection project and authorization to pay the settlement amount.
3. Consider acceptance of permanent public right-of-way easement and temporary construction easements for the SW Wanamaker Road project, 39th Street to 41st Street and authorization to pay property owner the agreed \settlement amounts.
4. Consider right-of-acquisition for the SW 41st Street and Wanamaker Road Intersection project and authorization to pay the settlement amount.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the Ambulance Advisory Board Meeting Agenda of July 28, 2004.
6. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04-4083-JAR The Estate of William Harrison Vaughn, Jr., Sharon A. Vaughn, Administratrix and Sharon A. Vaughn, Survivor of William Harrison Vaughn, Jr. vs. Ted Ensley, Marice Kane, Victor Miller, County Commissioners, et al.
7. Consider Contract C235-2004 with New World Systems and the City of Topeka for changing the mobile messaging software on the mobile computers from the current vendor to New World Systems—Sheriff’s Office.
8. Consider Contract C236-2004 with New World Systems for automatic vehicle locating software to be installed in patrol vehicles—Sheriff’s Office.
9. Consider purchase of 500 new 96-gallon residential totes.
10. Consider Contract C237-2004, addendum to the engineering services contract for the Sherwood Regional Wastewater Treatment System upgrade/expansion project.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Robert Perry
1. Consider Resolution No. 2004-116 authorizing the preparation of a preliminary official statement and the sale of the County’s General Obligation Bonds Series 2004A and Temporary Note, Series 2004-2—Commissioner Ensley.
C. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT – Jon Forrestt
1. Consider request to replace carpet in Division V administrative offices.
D. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS – Dina Pennington
1. Consider transfer of FY04 KDOC budget funds from fringe benefits to salary.
E. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for a turf truckster for the Golf Course.
F. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider project budget for the NW 70th Street bridge project.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2004-117 assessing delinquent sewer fees for the Sherwood Regional Sewer District and Sewer District No. 65—Commissioner Ensley.
G. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to advertise and fill a Family Planning Registered Nurse position.
2. Consider Contract C238-2004 with I-70 and MacVicar Min-Storage for long-term rental of a storage unit.
H. AUDIT-FINANCE-Trinket Harding
1. Consider request for expenditure from the Risk Management Reserve Fund to pay for damage repair to a Sheriff’s Department vehicle.
2. Consider request for expenditure from the Risk Management Reserve Fund to pay for damage repair to Parks and Recreation’ vehicles.
1. Consider request to use five courtrooms on September 14th from 5:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. for intraschool competition.
2. Consider letters to the Governor supporting an application by the Family Service and Guidance Center of Topeka and the Topeka Center for Peace and Justice for a grant from the Governor’s Discretionary Portion of the Federal Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Grant Funds.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS