II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider Resolution No. 2004-110 authorizing a conditional use permit for establishing a telecommunications tower on property at NE 46th Street and NE Kincaid road—Commissioner Ensley.
1. Acknowledge receipt of the Treasurer’s Bank Reconciliation for the month ended June 30, 2004.
2. Consider the 2005 Kansas Emergency Management cooperative agreement program submission.
3. Consider Change Order No. 003 for the Lake Shawnee Swim Beach Bathhouse Project reflecting the date of substantial completion as June 4, 2004.
4. Consider Contract C232-2004 with the Juvenile Justice Authority for grant funds.
5. Consider request to purchase an additional 120,000 pounds of traffic beads at the existing unit bid price of 10.2 cents per pound.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. DISTRICT ATTORNEY – Robert Hecht
1. Consider Resolution No. 2004-114 regarding the appointment of Michael Francis as Special Prosecutor during the week of August 16 through August 20, 2004 for the Family Law Division while assistant district attorneys are in training—Commissioner Ensley.
C. FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR – Trinket Harding
1. Consider publication of the notice of public hearings on the County’s 2005 proposed budget and Resolution No. 2004-115 expressing the property taxation policy of the Board of County Commissioners of the County of Shawnee, Kansas with respect to financing the 2005 Annual Budget for Shawnee County, Kansas—Commissioner Ensley.
D. PLANNING – Barry Beagle
1. Consider Order of Vacation for portion of a platted 30’ front yard setback established by plat of Sherwood Estates Subdivision #52 with respect to property located at 7433 SW Falcon Street.
E. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider the project budget for the design and replacement of the NW 66th Street Bridge over Halfday Creek.
F. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to waive formal bidding procedure for copying services and permission to access the State of Kansas contract for temporary services.
G. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER – Bill Singer
1. Consider letter to cell phone providers to begin providing the phone number of the 9-1-1- callers.
2. Consider out-of-state travel for employee to attend a training course.
H. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider Contract C233-2004 with KDHE agreeing to reimburse the Health Agency for the home investigations it conducts for children who have elevated blood lead levels.
I. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider Contract C234-2004 with the Shawnee Boat and Ski Club for the operation of the 2004 Water Ski Tournament.
1. Consider donation of chair to Judge McNish.
2. Discuss the NW 70th Street Bridge.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS