II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. H.R. 2004-10 requiring the display of license plates on vehicles within the unincorporated area of Shawnee County—Commissioner Ensley.
2. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2004-11 authorizing the Shawnee County Public Works Department to adopt rules and regulations requiring the removal of mud from vehicles and equipment traveling upon County roads and streets—Commissioner Ensley.
3. Consider the 2005 Shawnee County Extension Budget.
1. Consider Resolution Nos. 2004-111 and 2004-112 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel a check—Commissioner Ensley.
2. Consider Contract C219-2004 for annual maintenance of Lanier Machine.
3. Consider correction in the WIC Contract reflecting an increase of $47,903 rather than previously stated $476,913.
4. Consider Change Order No. 1 for the NW Button Road over Soldier Creek bridge project.
5. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04C927—Lake Edun Foundation, Inc. vs. Shawnee County, Kansas and Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al.
6. Consider renewal of AELE – Law Summaries at an additional cost of $27.00 (budgeted $308; actual $335.00); and renewal of subscription to Executive Leadership.
7. Acknowledge receipt of overtime report from the Coroner’s Office for the months of March through June 2004.
8. Consider Emergency Vehicle Permit for Jonathan Harmison and Scott Scurlock.
9. Consider letter to Berberich Trahan & Co., P.A. regarding presentation of the County’s financial statements.
10. Consider request to re-solicit bids for the construction of the North Pointe Ridge Storm Sewer District Project.
11. Consider request for funds from the Diversion fund to pay for a truancy presentation to school personnel and other entities involved with youth.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - Bill Singer
1. Consider request to purchase certified mailers for the Sheriff’s Office.
2. Consider Contract C220-2004, customer support for the folder/sealer and Contract C221-2004 for annual maintenance.
C. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider awarding bid for NW 62nd Street Bridge over Messhoss Creek bridge replacement project and Contract C222-2004 for same.
2. Consider awarding bid for the construction of the Alexander Place Subdivision Street Benefit District project and Contract C226-2004 for same.
D. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider Contract C227-2004 allowing the Health Agency to access categorical aid from the Department of Education through the SE Kansas Education Service Center.
2. Consider Contract C228-2004 with SRS for funding to reduce out of home placement for children and youth in Shawnee County who are truant as a result of chronic head lice.
3. Consider request to purchase three laptop computers through the State of Kansas contract
4. Consider request for out-of-state travel for the Emergency Preparedness and Community Outreach Office to attend a meeting in St. Paul, Minnesota.
5. Consider Contract C229-2004 with KDHE for funding for the air quality program.
6. Consider purchase of two software licenses for the ESRI ArcGIS software.
7. Consider request to solicit bids for a generator for the Immunization Refrigerator.
8. Consider request for out-of-state travel for the Director of the Health Agency to attend a conference in San Francisco.
E. NOXIOUS WEEDS – John Kabus
1. Consider request from the Whitney Land Company, LLC for a protest hearing to adjust or affirm the amount charged for material s and equipment rental in an enforcement action completed by the Noxious Weed Department.
F. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider Resolution No. 2004-113 levying an emergency telephone tax of seventy-five cents—Commissioner Ensley.
1. Consider request to purchase a booth at the Kansas BlackExpo to be held on August 28, 2004.
2. Consider reinstating August 2, 2004 as a Commission Meeting.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS