II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider appointment of the Tecumseh Township Clerk to finish the term of Charlotte Bonjour.
1. Acknowledge receipt of the rate for legal notices submitted by The Topeka Metro News.
2. Acknowledge receipt of the rate for legal notices submitted by The Shawnee County Ledger.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Rossville Drainage District Treasurer’s Bond.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the 2005 Benefit Cost Unemployment Rate Notice from the Kansas Department of Human Resources.
5. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from the Kansas Department of Revenue, Division of Property Valuation concerning the results of Shawnee County’s Official 2003 Real Estate Appraisal/Sales Ratio Study.
6. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting Minutes of March 18, 2004.
7. Consider issuing a request for proposals for the purchase of a scanner for the Appraiser’s office.
8. Consider release of surety posted for the Linwood Subdivision and Linwood Subdivision No. 2 street benefit district.
9. Consider acceptance of the Treasurer’s idle funds investment quarterly report for April, May and June, 2004.
10. Consider Resolution No. 2004-106 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel and re-issue checks- Commissioner Ensley.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2004-9 setting limitations and procedures for travel and reimbursement of travel expenses incurred by County officials and employees--Commissioner Ensley.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Jon Small
1. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-107 authorizing the creation of Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 89, Lateral District #1—Commissioner Ensley.
C. COUNTY COUNSELOR- Rich Eckert
1. Consider claim of Greg Gabel for the loss of a keyless entry remote and key chain.
2. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2004-10 requiring the display of license plates on vehicles within the unincorporated area of Shawnee County--Commissioner Ensley.
D. PARKS AND RECREATION- John Knight
1. Consider Contract C208-2004 with the Shawnee County Allied Tribes, Inc. for the operation of the All Nations Inter-Tribal Pow Wow at Lake Shawnee.
2. Consider Contract C209-2004 with the Topeka Swim Association for the special use of Lake Shawnee for the Central Zone Swimming Championships.
3. Consider Change Orders #2 and #3 for the Shawnee North Family Aquatic Center.
E. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS- Dina Pennington
1. Consider FY05 KDOC Grant budgets to fund adult intensive supervised probation for the 3rd Judicial District of Shawnee and 2nd Judicial District of Jackson, Jefferson, Pottawatomie and Wabaunsee Counties.
2. Consider Contract C210-2004, memorandum of understanding with the Topeka Public Schools, to offer a reintegration program in the schools and to assist in the education of youth involved in the Juvenile Justice system.
F. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT- Jon Forrestt
1. Consider Contract C211-2004 with E-Architects for conceptual design of the proposed improvements at the Expocentre.
G. HEALTH AGENCY- Anne Freeze
1. Consider Contract C212-2004, C213-2004 and C214-2004 with KDHE, Wabaunsee, and Osage Counties for the Women Infant and Children (WIC) program for SFY 2005.
2. Consider Contract C215-2004 with the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging for the Senior Care Act program.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS