1. Presentation of News Election Service Scholarship.
II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Consider Contract C171-2004 for annual maintenance on a Hewlett Packard Inkjet Plotter in the Appraiser’s Office.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Cox Communications regarding changes in two channels.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from KDHE regarding a proposed Kansas Water Pollution Control Permit for the Oakland Wastewater Treatment Plant.
4. Acknowledge receipt of resignation of Betty Webster from the Shawnee County Advocacy Council on Aging.
5. Reflect that Chairman Ensley signed a letter to the Juvenile Justice Authority regarding denial of Shawnee County funds for the Shawnee County School Attendance Coalition’s School, Liaison Project.
6. Consider signing Order of Vacation of a drainage easement within Sterling Chase Subdivision No. 1.
7. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 04C666—Kaw Valley State Bank & Trust Company v. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider request to solicit proposals for a plotter for the Planning Department.
4. Public Hearing and consider Resolution No. 2004-83 for the creation of Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 88, Lateral District No. 1—Commissioner Ensley.
B. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider out-of-state travel for two Assistant County Counselors to attend a 3-day seminar and workshop in Las Vegas.
C. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS – Bill Singer
1. Consider request to reclassify a vacant position to Floor Supervisor, advertise and fill and authorization to fill any vacant positions resulting from promotions.
D. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider request to advertise and fill a vacant Preschool Teacher position at the Lake Shawnee Creative Learning Adventure Preschool.
E. CORRECTIONS – Betsy Gillespie
1. Consider request to waive bidding procedure and approve contracting for professional training services for training.
F. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS – Dina Pennington
1. Consider Contract C172-2004 with the Kansas Juvenile Justice Authority revising the budget and grant conditions for the FY 2005 JJA Core Program Block Grant.
2. Consider application for FY 2005 Juvenile Accountability Block Grant (JABG) funding.
3. Consider request for $4,012 cash match from the County’s general expense contingency funds for the FY05 Juvenile Accountability Block Grant.
G. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to advertise and fill the Healthy Start Home Visitor position.
2. Consider request to advertise and fill a vacant RN position in the Communicable Disease program.
3. Consider request to advertise and fill a vacant RN position in Primary Care.
H. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider request to advertise and fill vacant engineering technician position.
2. Consider request to waive the purchasing procedure for the sole source purchase of an Esco hydraulic link-style thumb for the Komatsu track backhoe.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS