II. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1. Acknowledge receipt of the Shawnee County Health Agency FQHC Board agenda for the March 23, 2004 meeting and minutes of the February 24, 2004 meeting.
2. Consider Contract C89-2004 for online real estate data search service agreement.
3. Consider Contract C90-2004 for the construction of the Public Works Department District 2 shop.
4. Consider release of surety for the West Indian Hills Subdivision No. 10 Street Benefit District and Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 70 Lateral Sanitary Sewer District No. 8 projects.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the Kansas Expocentre Advisory Board Meeting agenda for the March 24, 2004 meeting and minutes of the February 25, 2004 meeting.
6. Consider Highway Safety Project reimbursement request #4 for overtime during the saturation patrol on March 13, 2004.
7. Consider approving Right-of-Way Clearance and utility Arrangements KDOT 1303 and 1303A forms for the NW Carlson Road Bridge over Post Creek project.
8. Consider Contract C91-2004 with the Kansas Expocentre for use of Heritage Hall for the Tax Sale.
9. Consider the quarterly progress report for the KDOT Sobriety Checkpoints/Saturation Patrol grant.
10. Acknowledge receipt of summons in Case No. 04C395- Home Builders Association of Topeka, Inc. vs. The Board of County Commissioners of the County of Shawnee, Kansas.
11. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the financial commitment submitted for Shiloh Ridge Estates Subdivision Street Benefit District and Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 33, Lateral District No. 7.
12. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the financial commitment submitted for Deer Run Subdivision Street Benefit District Phase II project.
13. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of July 31, 2003 and December 15, 2003.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PLANNING DEPARTMENT – Barry Beagle
1. Consider acceptance of public dedications for the final plat of Beach Subdivision located on property at N. Kansas Avenue and NW 39th Street.
C. SHERIFF’S OFFICE- Sheriff Barta
1. Consider purchase of closed circuit television system for crime scene offices.
D. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS – Bill Singer
1. Consider Contract C92-2004 for the shared user agreement with the office of the Kansas Securities Commission.
E. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider Contract C93-2004 for subscription and support for software and hardware.
2. Consider recommendations for purchase of equipment and technology services from the Register of Deeds excess technology funds.
F. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to waive formal bidding procedure and purchase office furniture for the Planning Department.
2. Consider awarding bid for heavy-duty truck with hydraulic lift system for Parks and Recreation.
3. Consider awarding bid for utility tractor for Parks and Recreation
4. Consider awarding bid for mowers for Parks and Recreation.
5. Consider awarding bid for skid steer for Parks and Recreation.
G. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider offer to purchase a tract of South Topeka Boulevard right-of-way.
2. Consider request to waive the formal bidding procedure and purchase a used air compressor.
3. Consider request to purchase up to 80,000 lbs.of asphalt rubber crack sealant under the State contract.
H. REFUSE DEPARTMENT- Steve Bolton
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution HR-2004-5 amending Home Rule Resolution HR-89-10 regulating the solid waste management system within Shawnee County- Commissioner Ensley.
I. DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS- Betsy Gillespie
1. Consider request to post and fill one vacant cook position.
2. Consider Contract C94-2004 with Maximus, Inc. to calculate per diem rate for housing of inmates.
J. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider Contracts C95-2004 and C96-2004, settlement agreement and release forms settling any and all outstanding employment/termination claims against Shawnee County by two former employees.
2. Consider acquisition of two easements from the Kansas Land Association necessary for County project.
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS