III. NEW BUSINESS
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-180 for a cereal malt beverage license for Wood Oil Company, Inc. at 545 SE Croco Road for both 2003 and 2004—Commissioner Miller.
B. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider claim of Donna D. Kirkwood for damage to vehicle.
C. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – H. R. Cook
1. Consider request for capital expenditure to purchase new livestock jumps.
D. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-181 setting the rules and regulations for county-owned parklands, lake and recreation areas—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-182 setting the schedule of fees for parklands, facilities and activities for Shawnee County Parks and Recreation—Commissioner Miller.
3. Consider Contract C405-2003, amendment to Contract C15-2001 with the Topeka Kansas Quarter Midget Association for their youth racing program, requiring payment in full of annual payment and a two-year extension to the contract.
4. Consider request to solicit letters of interest for professional services for the design and installation of a sound system at the Shawnee North Family Aquatic Center.
5. Consider request to reclassify five Preschool Assistant Teacher positions and reallocation of two Preschool Directors positions.
E. HEALTH AGENCY- Anne Freeze
1. Consider Contract C406-2003 with the Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment for funding to the Northeast Corner Regionalization Initiative (Shawnee, Atchison, Marshall, Brown, Jackson, Nemaha, Doniphan and Jefferson Counties) to enhance the regional preparedness and response capabilities for addressing public health and bioterrorism events in Kansas.
2. Consider Contract C407-2003 with the Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment for funding to the Health Agency to enhance the regional preparedness and response capabilities for addressing public Health and bioterrorism events in Kansas.
3. Consider request to create new position of Epidemiologist/Epi-Planner.
4. Consider reclassifying the Emergency Preparedness Office Assistant I position to Office Assistant II.
5. Consider Contract C408-2003 with Stormont-Vail for biomedical engineering services.
6. Consider Contract C409-2003 with Hickok & Associates for technical assistance in assuring compliance with federal regulations relating to laboratories.
7. Consider request to advertise and fill two patient services representative positions.
8. Consider Contract C410-2003, memorandum of understanding between the Commissioners and the Health Agency relating to the Senior Companion Program.
9. Consider Contract C411-2003 for professional home health nursing services.
10. Consider Contracts C412-2003 and C413-2003 with the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging for funding from the Older Americans Act to support personal care in the home and clinics in the community for persons 60 years of age and older.
F. HUMAN RESOURCES – Rich Davis
1. Consider Contract C414-2003, addendum to the Teamster’s Master Contract for 2004-2006 for the Process Server Bargaining Unit and Resolution No. 2003-183 adopting the addendum.—Commissioner Miller
2. Consider Contract C415-2003, addendum to the Teamster’s Master Contract for 2004-2006 for the Health Support Bargaining Unit and Resolution No. 2003-184 adopting the addendum—Commissioner Miller.
3. Consider Contract C416-2003, addendum to the Teamsters Master Contract for 2004-2006 for the Health Professional Bargaining Unit and Resolution No. 2003-185 adopting the addendum—Commissioner Miller.
G. CORRECTIONS - Betsy Gillespie
1. Consider request to solicit bids for food service operations.
2. Consider request to advertise and fill vacant Account Clerk I position.
H. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider purchase of deicing salt.
1. Consider awarding bid for the bridge replacement project on SE 77th Street over Lynn Creek and Contract C417-2003 for same.
2. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of May 29, 2003.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-186 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks—Commissioner Miller.
4. Consider Resolution No. 2003-187 rescinding Home Rule Resolution No. 1985-25 related to the Shawnee County Zoning Administrator’s Office—Commissioner Miller.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the SCHA FQHC Board Agenda of November 25, 2003 and minutes of the October meeting.
6. Consider acceptance of a permanent public right-of-way easement and temporary construction easement for the NW 62nd Street project and authorize payment to property owners.
7. Consider acceptance of easements necessary for the Prairie Hill Subdivision Sanitary Sewer project and authorize payment to property owners.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the overtime report for IT and Emergency Communications.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS