1. Presentation of the Kansas Emergency Managers Association’s (KEMA) Professional of the Year Award to Gary Middleton, Director of Shawnee County Emergency Management.
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution HR 2003-15 establishing the Flexible Benefits Cafeteria Plan for Shawnee County Employees-Commissioner Miller.
III. NEW BUSINESS
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. COUNTY COUNSELOR- Rich Eckert
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution HR 2003-16 adopting the existing Topeka Shawnee County Subdivision Regulations as the Shawnee County Subdivision Regulations- Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider Home Rule Resolution HR 2003-17 adopting the existing Topeka Shawnee County Zoning code as the Shawnee County Zoning Code- Commissioner Miller.
C. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY- Bill Singer
1. Consider Contract C386-2003 for maintenance to GIS software.
D. PURCHASING- Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for Parks and Recreation Seasonal Activity Brochures.
E. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider granting an easement for the Westar Energy Power Substation east of Topeka Blvd. and north of the main Forbes Field entrance.
F. HUMAN RESOURCES- Rich Davis
1. Consider Contract C387-2003, addendum to the Communications Workers of America, Local 6401 Contract C247-2003 Master Agreement and Resolution 2003-168 adopting the addendum to the contract—Commissioner Miller.
G. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS- Dina Pennington
1. Consider request to hire an intermittent employee for the vacant position of Surveillance Officer.
1. Acknowledge receipt of overtime report for Information Technology and Emergency Communications for October, 2003.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-169 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel a check- Commissioner Miller.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the Shawnee County Health Agency FQHC Board Meeting agenda for October 28, 2003 and minutes of the September 23, 2003 meeting.
4. Consider request for reimbursement on the Highway Safety Project for overtime during the saturation patrol on October 11, 2003.
5. Acknowledge receipt of notice of emergency purchase of doors at the northeast entrance of the Maner Conference Center.
6. Consider the phase delineation chart to be submitted to PVD as part of the maintenance plan from the Appraiser’s office for keeping real and personal property values in compliance.
7. Acknowledge establishment of the Shawnee County Planning Commission members’ terms.
8. Acknowledge notification of the receipt of the National Football League Youth Football Grant award in the amount of $1,500.00.
9. Consider Contract C388-2003 for annual maintenance on the mobile video.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS