III. NEW BUSINESS
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. TREASURER – Larry Wilson
1. Consider request to advertise and fill two vacant Account Clerk I positions.
C. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Barta
1. Consider request to purchase a portable forensic computer.
2. Consider subscription in Executive Leadership.
D. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-163 authorizing the placement and maintenance of speed limit signs (30 mph) on SW 91st Street from SW Hodges Road east to Auburn City limits in Auburn Township—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider request to negotiate professional service contracts for land acquisition services for various Public Works infrastructure projects (road, sewer and bridge).
3. Consider request to negotiate professional service contracts for appraisal services for various Public Works infrastructure projects (road, sewer and bridge).
4. Consider request to negotiate professional service contract for the mandated biennial bridge inventory and appraisal study.
E. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider subscription in the MSDM Professional.
2. Consider request to advertise and fill vacant GIS Systems Specialist position.
F. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider Change Order No. 1 in the construction of the Shawnee North Family Aquatic Center for the addition of granular fill instead of structured fill.
2. Consider Change Order No. 1 for the addition of insulation in the replacement of windows at the Shawnee North Community Center.
G. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-164 establishing procedure for vacation of plats, streets, alleys, easements and reservations for properties located in unincorporated Shawnee County—Commissioner Miller.
1. Consider acceptance of deed for the Topeka Blvd. Right-of-Way Transfer from KDOT.
2. Consider Contract C379-2003, amendment for the Sewer District No. 37 Lateral Sewer District No. 9 engineering services lowering the contract amount and deleting resident inspection services.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the Kansas Expocentre Advisory Board meeting agenda of October 22 and the minutes of the September meeting.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the Report on the status of the Recycling Department for the third quarter.
5. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Occidental Life Insurance Company regarding the transfer to Philadelphia American Life Insurance Company as the cancer insurance carrier for 23 Shawnee County employees.
6. Consider acceptance of six easements Soldier Township requires for the reconstruction of NW 86th Street.
7. Consider Resolution No. 2003-165 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel checks—Commissioner Miller.
8. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from KDHE regarding the closure of Deffenbaugh Industries, Inc. construction and demolition landfill in Topeka, Kansas.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS