1. Present plaque to Geraldine Nichols upon her retirement from the Dept. of Corrections.
1. Consider Charter Resolution 2003-5 exempting the Board of County Commissioners from the provisions of K.S.A. 12-749, 12-750 and 12-751, giving sole authority to adopt subdivision regulations within the three miles of the City of Topeka to the County of Shawnee, Kansas—Commissioner Miller.
III. NEW BUSINESS
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider Contract C367-2003 with the Topeka Association for Retarded Citizens (TARC) identifying the responsibilities for the operation of the Winter Wonderland Celebration of Lights.
2. Consider request to waive formal bidding procedures and purchase two shade structures for the Shawnee North Ball Diamond Complex.
C. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to open, advertise and fill the Public Health Nurse position for the Maternal Child Health Program.
2. Consider Contract C368-2003 with an ARNP for primary care services in the Health Agency clinics.
3. Consider Contracts C369-2003 through C373-2003 for pest control services at the Main Clinic, Hillcrest Clinic, Central Park Clinic and the Oakland Clinic.
4. Consider request for out-of-state travel for an employee to attend a Health Pro User’s Conference.
D. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS – Bill Singer
1. Consider membership in the Motorola Trunked Users Group.
E. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Jon Forrestt
1. Consider two options regarding project cost associated with a proposed parking expansion at the North Annex.
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-162 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel checks-Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider acceptance of permanent public right-of-way easements and authorization to pay property owners the agreed settlement amount for the SW 61st Street over North Branch of Wakarusa bridge project.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the Quarterly Progress Report for the KDOT Sobriety Checkpoints/Saturation Patrol Grant, from July through September, 2003.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS