III. NEW BUSINESS
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
1. Consider request to vacate an unimproved public street right-of-way as dedicated by Shawnee Meadows South Addition and consider Order of Vacation.
C. APPRAISER – Mark Hixon
1. Consider request to fill vacant Appraiser II position in the commercial appraisal division.
D. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to reject bids for lockers and re-solicit bids.
1. Consider Charter Resolution 2003-5 exempting the Board of County Commissioners from the provisions of K.S.A. 12-749, 12-750 and 12-751, giving sole authority to adopt subdivision regulations within the three miles of the City of Topeka to the County of Shawnee, Kansas—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider reappointment of Emily Yinger to the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging Board of Directors.
3. Consider request to use courtrooms on November 25, 2003, 5:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. for mock trials.
4. Consider appointment of Planning Director.
1. Acknowledge receipt of Treasurer’s Bank Reconciliation for the month ended September 30, 2003.
2. Reflect appointment of Mrs. Beth Carreno as Vice Chairperson of the Solid Waste Management Committee.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the Annual Household Hazardous Waste Report.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the Household Hazardous Waste Compliance Inspection Report.
5. Consider acceptance of a permanent public right-of-way easement and a temporary construction easement and authorization to pay property owner the agreed settlement amount for the SE 89th Street over Tributary to Wakarusa River bridge project.
6. Consider acceptance of a permanent public right-of-way easement and authorization to pay property owner the agreed settlement amount for the NW Carlson Road over Post Creek bridge project.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS