III. NEW BUSINESS
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. METROPOLITAN PLANNING- David Thurbon
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-160 providing for the Historic Resources Designation for the Old Fire Station #5, 1715 SW Topeka Blvd.-Commissioner Ensley.
C. COUNTY COUNSELOR- Rich Eckert
1. Consider claim of Danielle Blume.
D. SHERIFF’S OFFICE- Sheriff Barta
1. Consider request to purchase five (5) traffic radar units.
E. PUBLIC WORKS- Lynn Couch
1. Consider request to solicit bids for roof replacement at the District Three Shop.
2. Consider request to solicit bids for salt, sand and calcium chloride.
3. Consider plans and project manual for the Shawnee Parks and Recreation Sanitary Sewer for the Girl’s Ball Diamond at Lake Shawnee and request to solicit bids for the construction of the project.
4. Consider request to purchase pothole patcher.
F. PURCHASING- Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to solicit bids for the sale of surplus property.
G. PARKS AND RECREATION- John Knight
1. Consider request to solicit applications for a Golf Course Pro/Manager.
H. HEALTH AGENCY- Anne Freeze
1. Consider request for out-of-state travel for the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Nurse to attend National Lead Training.
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-14 establishing the Shawnee County Planning Commission and the Shawnee County Planning Department—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider request from City of Auburn regarding the City’s proposal to initiate zoning regulations affecting the land within one mile of the city limits of the City of Auburn.
3. Consider designating a voting delegate and two alternates for the Kansas Association of Counties Annual Conference.
1. Acknowledge receipt of the overtime report for the third quarter of 2003 for the Recycling Department.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-161 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel a check--Commissioner Miller.
3. Consider acceptance of a temporary construction easement for the SE 89th Street over Tributary to Wakarusa River project and request to pay the property owner the agreed upon settlement.
4. Consider acceptance of a permanent Public Right-of-Way easement for the SE 101st Street over Berrys Creek Project and request to pay the property owners the agreed upon settlement.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the Emergency Communications Statistics for the month of September, 2003.
6. Acknowledge report of the Solid Waste Management Committee reporting that Ms. Chiquita Cornelius and Mrs. Kim Nettleton will serve as Co-Chairpersons and Mr. Chad Edmonds will replace Mr. Rick Lemons as a member representing the private sector waste haulers.
7. Consider Contract C361-2003, Land Owner Agreement for the application of the beneficial reuse of biosolids on property owned by the County at I-70 and MacVicar.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the Interim Balance Sheet for the month ended September 30, 2003.