1. Consider claim of Kenneth and Jackie Lewis and Farmer’s Insurance Group for damage caused by sewer back up.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. COURT SERVICES – Cathy Leonhart
1. Consider grant application for the Drug Court through the Topeka Community Foundation.
C. ELECTIONS- Elizabeth Ensley
1. Consider request to purchase 10 file cabinets and transfer funds from MSA 2 for the purchase.
2. Consider request for out of state travel to the fall planning meeting of the International Association of Clerks, Recorders, Election Officials and Treasurers.
D. PARKS AND RECREATION- John Knight
1. Consider Contract C344-2003 for construction at the Velma K. Paris Community Center.
E. PUBLIC WORKS- Lynn Couch
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-157 authorizing the placement and maintenance of speed limit signs(35 mph), NW 86th Street- US Hwy 75 to West boundary limit of Soldier Township- Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-158 authorizing the placement and maintenance of speed limit signs, (20 mph), school zone, Topeka Blvd. at NW 56th Street in Soldier Township—Commissioner Miller.
3. Consider request to issue “Request for Proposals” for the 2004 biennial bridge inventory and appraisal for rural secondary and off-system bridges.
4. Consider request to issue “Request for Proposals” for “on-call” appraisal services for right-of-way for various Shawnee County Public Works Infrastructure projects.
5. Consider request to issue “Request for proposals” for “on-call” acquisition services for right-of-way for various Shawnee County Public Works infrastructure projects.
6. Consider request to waive bidding procedure and purchase a used Cimiline 60-gallon melter.
F. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY- Bill Singer
1. Consider request for out of state travel for one employee from the IT department to attend the Health Pro Conference.
G. TREASURER- Larry Wilson
1. Consider request to hire three vacant positions and reclassification for one position.
H. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to fill the Purchasing Specialist position.
L. HUMAN RESOURCES – Rich Davis
1. Consider Contract C345-2003, amendment to the Process Services Addendum, C98-2001 to the Teamsters Master Contract, increasing the compensation for Spanish/English bilingual capabilities.
J. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider Contracts C346-2003 through C350-2003 for enrollment in the electronic data interchange for claims submissions with Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
K. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – H. R. Cook
1. Consider capital expenditure request for emergency repair of voice mail system.
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-14 establishing the Shawnee County Planning Commission and the Shawnee County Planning Department—Commissioner Miller.
1. Consider Contract C351-2003 and C352-2003 for on line real estate data search service.
2. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 03C1400—Federal National Mortgage Association vs. Board of Commissioners of Shawnee County Kansas et al.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the Shawnee County Health Agency Board agenda for the September 23, 2003 meeting and minutes of the August 23, 2003 meeting.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the Kansas Expocentre Advisory Board meeting agenda for September 24, 2003 and minutes of the August 27, 2003 meeting.
5. Consider bid acceptance and authorization to pay Local Match Funds for Bridge Replacement –NW 90th Street over Bourbonaise Creek.
6. Consider Contract C353-2003 with the American Red Cross for staff CPR and First Aid Training- Corrections
7. Acknowledge receipt of overtime report for pay periods 16 through 18 for the Health Agency.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the Treasurer’s Bank Reconciliation for the month ended August 2003.
9. Acknowledge receipt of public notice from KDHE regarding a proposed Water Pollution Control Permit for the Jay Shideler Elementary School Wastewater Treatment Facility.
10. Acknowledge receipt of public notice from KDHE regarding a proposed Kansas Water Pollution Control Permit for the Washburn Rural Jr. &Sr. High School Wastewater Treatment Facility.
11. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of September 29 and June 19, and 26, 2003.