1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-13 relating to the disposition of obsolete, surplus, unused, or unneeded personal property of Shawnee County—Commissioner Miller.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-151 exempting certain property owned by Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company from ad valorem taxation for economic development purposes—Commissioner Miller.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Jon Small
1. Acknowledge receipt of petition, hold public hearing and consider Resolution No. 2003-152 authorizing a street improvement district and street improvements in Quail Run Subdivision—Commissioner Miller
2. Acknowledge receipt of petition, hold public hearing and consider Resolution No. 2003-153 authorizing a street improvement district and street improvements in Deer Run Subdivision—Commissioner Miller
C. METROPOLITAN PLANNING – David Thurbon
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-154, joint City ordinance/resolution amending the comprehensive zoning regulations to allow multiple buildings to occupy a single lot subject to site plan review and eliminate the certificate of ownership as an application requirements in conjunction with zoning and conditional use permit requests and adjusting filing fees by $200.00—Commissioner Miller.
D. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider claims of Kenneth and Jackie Lewis and Farmer’s Insurance Group for damage caused by sewer backup.
E. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Barta
1. Consider purchase of seven in-car cameras for patrol vehicles.
F. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider Contract C337-2003 with the City of Topeka for the improvement of SW Wanamaker Road between SW 37th Street and SW 41st Street.
2. Consider project budget for the construction, design, construction engineering, right-of-way appraisal and acquisition, utility adjustment and contingencies for the improvement of SW Wanamaker Road between SW 39th Street and SW 41st Street.
3. Consider Contract C338-2003 with Bartlett and West for development of construction bidding plans and document to reconstruct SW Wanamaker Road between SW 39th Street and SW 41st Street.
4. Consider Contract C339-2003 with Bartlett and West for development of construction bidding plans and documents to reconstruct SW Wanamaker Road between SW 37th Street and SW 39th Street (located in the City).
G. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider Contract C340-2003 with the Southeast Kansas Education Center for school year 2003-2004 allowing the Health Agency to access categorical aid from the Dept. of Education for special education purposes.
1. Consider Bleeding Kansas initiative.
1. Consider Contract C341-2003 for annual maintenance of time stamp.
2. Consider additional $35.00 for membership to the International Association of Emergency Managers.
3. Consider additional $25.00 for membership in the National Tactical Officers Association for the Sheriff’s Department.
4. Consider Contract C342-2003, amendment to the engineering services contract for the Indian Hills Interceptor Sewer project.
5. Consider awarding bid and Contract C343-2003 for construction of Hickory Ridge #9 streets and sewers.
6. Consider Resolution Nos. 2003-155 and 2003-156 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks—Commissioner Miller.
7. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 03C1388—Lyndon State Bank vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al.
8. Acknowledge receipt of Ambulance Advisory Board’s September agenda and minutes of the July 2003 meeting.
9. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of November 25, 2002, May 19 and 22, 2003 and June 2 and 5, 2003.
10. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 03C1122—Kaw Valley State Bank & Trust Co. vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, et al.