1. Consider Charter Resolution No. 2003-4 concerning the Civil Service system for the Sheriff’s Office—Commissioner Miller.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-137 allowing for the destruction of certain records in the Clerk’s Office—Commissioner Miller.
4. Consider Resolution No. 2003-138 authorizing the issuance and use of a Shawnee County credit card by a Parks and Recreation Department employee—Commissioner Miller.
B. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – H. R. Cook
1. Consider request for capital expenditures for emergency repair of agricultural hall doors, repair of leak on the Hyster Fork Truck, repair/replacement of concrete, and payment of outstanding personal property taxes on Zamboni/Dasher Boards.
C. CORONER – Dr. Mitchell
1. Consider Contract C321-2003 for employment of an on-call investigator.
D. FACILITIES MAAINTENANCE – Jon Forrestt
1. Consider request to solicit bids to recoat the fountain at the Kansas Expocentre.
2. Consider Contracts C322-2003, C323-2003 and C324-2003 for the pre-purchase and installation of chiller equipment for the Landon Arena Chiller replacement project.
E. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-139 levying an emergency telephone tax of 75 cents—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-140 authorizing the Elections Commissioner to pay return postage for advance voting ballots and applications for advance voting—Commissioner Miller.
3. Consider Contract C325-2003, settlement with Deputies Jaramillo and Blume.
F. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for the Paris Community Center addition.
G. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider request to waive purchasing procedure to rent a road reclaimer to be used in the reconstruction of SE 69th Street between Croco Road and Shawnee heights Road and SE 85th Street between Berryton Road and Ratner Road in Monmouth Township.
H. TREASURER- Larry Wilson
1. Consider request to change an employee job title from Office Assistant I, Range 510, Step 7 to an Account Clerk I, Range 511, and Step 7.
2. Consider request to create an Account Clerk II position and eliminate an Account Clerk I position.
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. 2003-10 rescinding Resolution No. 72-130 and Resolution No. 97-130 and withdrawing from the Topeka-Shawnee County Metropolitan Planning Commission and the Topeka-Shawnee County Metropolitan Planning Department—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-142 exempting certain property owned by Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company from ad valorem taxation for economic development purposes.- Commissioner Miller
1. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Shunganunga Drain No. 1 Treasurer’s Bond.
2. Consider request for reimbursement for Saturation Patrol on August 9, 2003.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-141 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks.- Commissioner Miller
4. Acknowledge receipt of the Treasurer’s Bank Reconciliation for the month ended July 31, 2003.
5. Consider Contract C326-2003 for annual service on a transcription machine.
6. Acknowledge receipt of overtime report for Information Technology and Emergency Communications for August, 2003.