A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Public Hearing to consider an economic development tax exemption for the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
B. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Barta
1. Consider Charter Resolution 2003-4 concerning the Civil Service system for the Sheriff’s Office—Commissioner Miller.
C. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS – Dina Pennington
1. Consider the Drug Sentencing Policy Supervision and Treatments Funds FY 2004 Plan.
D. TREASURER – Larry Wilson
1. Consider request to fill two vacant intermittent cashier clerk positions.
E. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for remodeling of area for the Health Agency.
2. Consider awarding bid for technological upgrade.
F. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS – Bill Singer
1. Consider request to post four vacancies and subsequently promote 4 personnel from CSI to CSII.
G. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider Contract C314-2003 for use of a “dunk tank” for the United Way campaign.
H. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to reclassify an RN position in Primary Care to an LPN position and open, advertise and fill the position.
I. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider request to waive formal bidding procedures to purchase replacement dock sections.
1. Consider request for use of a Courtroom in the Courthouse on October 25th, 9:00 a.m. to Noon for the Fall Young Citizens Academy.
2. Consider letter to the Juvenile Justice Authority denying funding for KCSL’s Healthy Families program.
1. Acknowledge receipt of the Health Agency’s Board Agenda of August 26, 2003 and minutes of the July meeting.
2. Acknowledge receipt of the Kansas Expocentre Board Agenda of August 27, 2003 and minutes of the July meeting.
3. Acknowledge receipt of Metropolitan Topeka Airport Authority’s proposed 2004 budget and tax levy.
4. Consider Contract C315-2003 with KDOT and Bartlett and West Engineers, Inc. which allows Bartlett and West Engineers, Inc. to provide construction engineering inspection services for the NW 90th Street over Bourbonaise Creek bridge replacement project.
5. Consider Contract C316-2003 for engineering services for the Hidden Valley Subdivision No. 3 Street Benefit District Project.
6. Consider Contract C317-2003 for engineering services for the Sewer District No. 85 Lateral District No. 2 project.
7. Consider Contract C318-2003 with Auburn Township whereby Shawnee County agrees to chip seal certain specified roads within the township and Auburn Township agrees to reimburse Shawnee County for its work.
8. Consider Resolution No. 2003-134 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel and reissue checks—Commissioner Miller.
9. Acknowledge receipt of report regarding Rolling Meadows Recycling and Disposal Facility.
OPEN BIDS received for the purchase of the County’s Series 2003A General Obligation Bonds and consider Resolution No. 2003-135 awarding bid and authorizing issuance—Commissioner Miller.
OPEN BIDS received for the purchase of the County’s Series 2003-3 Temporary Notes and consider Resolution No. 2003-136 awarding bid and authorizing issuance—Commissioner Miller.