1. Consider annexation of the 21st and Urish Road area by the City of Topeka.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider claim of Barbara and Humberto Lerma for damage to vehicle.
C. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider Contract C280-2003 with the Great Topeka Duck Race Committee setting out the conditions for the operation of the Great Topeka Duck Race.
2. Consider approval of construction drawings and project manual and request to solicit bids for construction of a bathhouse at Lake Shawnee Swimming Beach.
1. Consider job reclassifications for four positions.
E. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request for membership in the Directors of Volunteers in Agencies (DOVIA) for Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator.
2. Consider Contract C281-2003 with a registered dietician to provide related services in the WIC program.
3. Consider application to the National Health Services Corps to employ two Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners and Contract C282-2003 setting out the terms for all participating NHSC sites.
4. Consider Contract C283-2003 with Starling Consulting, Inc. related to training on the new KWIC automated system.
5. Consider Contract C284-2003 with Osage County to allow the continuation of the WIC program in Osage County.
6. Consider Contract C285-2003 with Wabaunsee County to allow the continuation of the WIC program in Wabaunsee County.
F. AUDIT FINANCE – Trinket Harding
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-117 establishing an Employee Retirement Revolving Fund—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider request to close balances of two holding accounts into County General Fund revenues.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-118 expressing the property taxation policy of the Board of County Commissioners with respect to financing the 2004 annual budget—Commissioner Miller.
G. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider payment of two invoices for additions to paint striper.
2. Consider request to reclassify Labor Supervisor position in the Bridge Division to Assistant Traffic Supervisor in the Traffic Division and request to advertise and fill this position as well as a request to advertise and fill positions of crew leader and road maintenance.
3. Consider adopting project budget for the Indian Hills Interceptor Sewer project to provide a gravity sewer to connect the area west of the Topeka Public Golf Course into the treatment plant.
H. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider request to reject bid for printer and re-solicit bids with revised specifications for Information Technology.
2. Consider awarding bide for the purchase of one container carrier chassis for Recycling Dept.
3. Consider request to re-solicit bids on surplus items previously bid by Terry Rice or sell to the next high bidder.
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-119 setting the holiday schedule for the year 2004—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider request to use several courtrooms for the annual Moot Court Intramural competition on September 29th from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
1. Consider Contracts C286-2003 and C287-2003 for online real estate data search services.
2. Consider Resolution Nos. 2003-120, 2003-121 and 2003-122 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks—Commissioner Miller.
3. Consider awarding bid for the SW Wanamaker Road over Wakarusa bridge project and authorize Shawnee County’s local match share to be paid to the Kansas Dept. of Transportation.
4. Consider Contract C288-2003 for maintenance for H.P. printers—Courts.
5. Acknowledge receipt of Emergency Communications Statistics for July 2003.
6. Consider Contract C289-2003 for maintenance on a Lanier transcription machine—County Clerk.
7. Acknowledge receipt of the JJA FY 2003 4th Quarter Report for Intervention/Graduated Sanctions and Prevention programs—Community Corrections.
8. Consider request for Highway Safety Project reimbursement for mobilization on July 26, 2003 for sobriety checklanes—Sheriff’s Dept.
9. Consider Contract C290-2003 with the Central Trust Bank of Jefferson City, Missouri for administration of the flexible spending fund.