1. Continuation of Public Hearing regarding annexation of the 21st and Urish Road area by the City of Topeka.
2. Consider the move of the Surveyor’s Office to the North Annex.
3. Consider relocation of Safety Office and Human Resource files.
4. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-7 setting the fee for obtaining a permit to sell fireworks in the unincorporated area of Shawnee County.
5. Consider Resolution No. 2003-113 creating a process for issuing rewards for individuals providing information identifying persons or entities who have illegally dumped trash, junk or other personal property; Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-8 prohibiting and penalizing the unauthorized dumping of trash, junk or other personal property; and Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-9 setting a fine schedule for violations of County Resolutions.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-116 authorizing the issuance and use of a Shawnee County credit card by a Parks and Recreation Department employee.
B. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for traffic paint and glass beads for Public Works.
2. Consider awarding bid for stockroom supplies and Contract C276-2003 for same.
C. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider out of state travel for telecommunication specialist.
2. Consider Contract C277-2003 with SBC providing the communication link for Noxious Weeds, Elections, Parks and Recreation, Health Agency satellite clinics and the Public Works Sign and Bridge shop.
D. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS – Bill Singer
1. Consider renewal of one membership to the National Association of Radio and Telecommunication Engineers.
E. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to waive formal bidding procedures and purchase a new refrigerator for storage of immunizations.
2. Consider request to solicit bids to renovate the existing Adult Field Services Offices to accommodate the Emergency Preparedness and Community Outreach personnel.
3. Consider Contract C278-2003, local universal contract with KDHE providing notice of grant awards for SFY2004 for State Formula grant, Chronic Disease Risk Reduction Grant, Family Planning, STD-Aids grants, Childcare Licensing and Immunizations Action Plan grant.
F. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider authorizing Chairman to sign Covenant Not To Sue Agreement concerning motor vehicle fund monies.
G. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Barta
1. Consider Contract C279-2003 with the U.S. Department of Justice for grant funding for two deputies to be assigned to Montara as community police officers.
2. Consider request to purchase a network server.
1. Consider appointment of Nina Skidmore to the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging Advisory Board—Commissioner Miller.
1. Consider signing application for Steve Bolton, Refuse Director for certification from the Solid Waste Association of North America.
2. Acknowledge the signature of the Chairman of the Commission on the Annual Return/Report of Employee Benefit Plan, IRS Form 5500.
3. Consider Certification Form from the U.S. Dept. of Justice claiming exemption from the EEOP submission requirement and certifying that an EEOP is on file for review.
4. Consider additional payment of $2.50 over the budgeted amount of $340.00 for ABA membership for Judge Yeoman.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the Treasurer’s Bank Reconciliation Report for the month ended June 30, 2003.
6. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of February 20, 2003.
7. Consider Change Order No. 1 for the Misty Harbor Subdivision Street Benefit District project.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the Expocentre Advisory Board meeting agenda of July 30 and minutes of the June meeting.