1. Continuation of Public Hearing regarding annexation of the 21st and Urish Road area by the City of Topeka.
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the petition to create Hidden Valley Subdivision No. 3 Street Benefit District and consider Resolution No. 2003-112 creating the district.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the petition to create Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 85, Lateral District No. 2 within Hidden Valley Subdivision No. 3 and consider setting the hearing date of Monday, August 11, 2003.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the petition to enlarge Shawnee County Main Sewer District No. 85 in Hidden Valley Subdivision No. 3 and consider setting the hearing date of Monday, August 11, 2003.
B. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider the move of the Surveyor’s Office to the North Annex.
C. HUMAN RESOURCES – Rich Davis
1. Consider relocation of Safety Office and Human Resource files.
D. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider Contract C270-2003 with SRS for case management services to those clients covered under the Health Connect Program.
E. COUNTY COUNSELOR
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-7 establishing the procedure and fees for obtaining a permit to sell fireworks in the unincorporated area of Shawnee County.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-113 creating a process for issuing rewards for individuals providing information identifying persons or entities who have illegally dumped trash, junk or other personal property; Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-8 prohibiting and penalizing the unauthorized dumping of trash, junk or other personal property; and Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-9 setting a fine schedule for violations of County Resolutions.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-114 authorizing the County Counselor to initiate eminent domain proceedings to acquire two permanent road right-of-way easements necessary for the SE Berryton Road over Lynn Creek bridge project
F. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider Contract C271-2003 with the Shawnee County Allied Tribes, Inc. for the operation of the All Nations Inter-Tribal Pow Wow at Lake Shawnee.
2. Consider request to advertise and fill a vacant parks maintenance position.
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-115 requiring that resolutions placed on the Board’s Agenda bear the name of the Commissioner sponsoring the Resolution—Commissioner Miller.
2. Consider request to advertise in Ingram’s Business Magazine—Commissioner Kane.
1. Consider awarding bid for Dover drainage correction project and Contract C272-2003 for same.
2. Consider Contract C273-2003 with Douglas County Rural Water District No. 3 relative to the performance of certain work on Shawnee County right-of-way in conjunction with the SE Berryton Road Bridge over Lynn Creek bridge project.
3. Consider Contract C274-2003, amendment to Contract C171-97 for eight additional days of inspection services necessary to complete the bridge replacement project on NW 78th Street over Walnut Creek.
4. Consider signing process acknowledgement form as a part of the master address file software as required by the USPS—Facilities Management.
5. Consider Contract C275-2003 for online real estate data search services.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the Lake Shawnee Dam Safety Inspection Report.