Please state your name and address for the record.
1. Consider Charter Resolution No. 2003-2 exempting the Board of County Commissioners of the County of Shawnee, Kansas from the provisions of K.S.A. 41-712, prohibiting alcoholic liquor sale on Sunday and certain holidays, and providing substitute and additional provisions on the same subject allowing alcoholic liquor sales on Sunday and on holidays.
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. TREASURER – Larry Wilson
1. Consider request to advertise and fill five Account Clerk 1 positions.
C. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider acceptance of three easements necessary for the construction of the District 2 Public Works Shop.
2. Consider request to waive the bidding procedure and purchase rock.
D. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider construction drawings and project manual for the building addition to the Velma K. Paris Community Center and request to solicit bids for same.
2. Consider request to solicit bids for the construction of the Shawnee North Family Aquatic Park.
E. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT – Jon Forrestt
1. Consider Contract C261-2003 for the Expocentre and Health Agency 2002 bond improvement projects.
1. Consider Resolution No. 2003-108 setting policy for Shawnee County concerning job discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from KDHE regarding permit renewal for John Levin construction/demolition landfill.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sherwood Improvement District indicating that the Sherwood Estates Subdivision #61 work is approved and accepted for future maintenance.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Federal Surplus Property Center regarding the County’s eligibility to participate in the Surplus Property Program.
4. Consider letter to Family Service and Guidance Center indicating that the County is unable to participate in funding of the PDC Child and Family Support Project.
5. Acknowledge receipt of The Ambulance Advisory Board Meeting Agenda of July 23 and minutes of the May meeting.
6. Consider Quarterly Progress Report for the KDOT Sobriety Checkpoints/Saturation Patrol Grant submitted by the Sheriff’s Office.
7. Consider request to cancel contract on current copier and lease new digital copier.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS