Please state your name and address for the record.
1. Heartland Works, Inc.- Discussion of the Workforce Investment Act Federal funding program performance in Shawnee County.
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-4 establishing a procedure for the adoption of fireworks restrictions in Montara Subdivision.
2. Continuation of hearing regarding annexation of property in southern Shawnee County.
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction order.
B. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for office construction at the North Annex for the Health Agency and Contract C212-2003 for same.
C. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to construct additional office space at the North Annex.
2. Consider Contract C213-2003 with Dr. Josie Norris for physician services.
D. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider awarding bid for the Shawnee North Porch repair and Contract C214-2003.
E. DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS- Elizabeth Gillespie
1. Consider Contract C215-2003 with New World Systems for the purchase of Livescan Interface Software and Contract C216-2003 to convert data from the existing corrections management system to the New World System.
2. Consider Contract C217-2003, addendum to C70-2003 with Honeywell, Inc. extending service to December 31, 2005.
3. Consider Contract C218-2003 with Clark Enterprises for chemical maintenance to the water management systems, boilers, and water softeners for the Adult and Juvenile Detention Centers and the Chiller for the Adult Detention Center.
1. Consider appointments to the Shawnee County Advocacy on Aging.
2. Consider appointment to the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Topeka Township regarding the resignation of Bruce Engler as Township Treasurer.
2. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 03C781—Garry E. Williams vs. Board of County Commissioners, et al.
3. Consider Emergency Vehicle Permit for James Martin.
4. Acknowledge receipt of adjusted employer rate of contribution for the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System for the remainder of fiscal year 2003 and the employer rate of contribution for the fiscal year beginning in the calendar year 2004.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the employer rate of contribution for the Kansas Police and Firemen’s Retirement System for the fiscal year beginning in calendar year 2004 at 12.63%.