Please state your name and address for the record.
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Acknowledge receipt of petition for leash law for Gardner Estates Subdivision and consider setting a public hearing date for May 19, 9:00 a.m.
B. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Bill Singer
1. Consider Contract C163-2003 with SBC for long distance service.
C. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider Contract C164-2003 with Cumulus Broadcasting, Inc. allowing for the trade of radio advertising for 20 rounds of golf.
2. Consider Contract C165-2003 for inspection of the dam at Lake Shawnee and preparation of an Emergency Action Plan.
D. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider request to reclassify, advertise and fill a Public Works position.
E. RECYCLING – Kim Nettleton
1. Consider request to solicit proposals for the construction of awning or cover for the Recycling Dock.
2. Consider Contract C166-2003 for advertising in the SBC yellow pages.
F. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to advertise and fill the Administration Supervisor position.
2. Consider revisions to the Title IIIB Grant allocation funding.
G. REFUSE DEPT. – Steve Bolton
1. Consider request for out of state travel and training.
H. CORRECTIONS – Michael Fitzgerald
1. Consider request to advertise and fill one vacant Corrections Specialist position for the Juvenile Detention Center.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Consider Contract C167-2003 for the drainage correction project at the intersection of SW 57th Street and SW Douglas Road in Dover, Kansas.
2. Consider Contract C168-2003 with Westar Energy relative to certain work on Shawnee County right-of-way in conjunction with the NW 90th Street Bridge over Bourbonaise Creek project.
3. Acknowledge receipt of Overtime Report for the Maintenance Department.
4. Consider Contract C169-2003 for annual maintenance of two transcription machines.
5. Consider Contract C170-2003 for annual maintenance of a time stamp.
6. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Silver Lake Drainage District Treasurer’s Bond.
7. Acknowledge receipt of Emergency Communications Statistics for April 2003.
8. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 03-C-643—The Columbian Bank and Trust Company, a Kansas Corporation vs. Board of County Commissioners, et al and Case No. 03-C-638—Delores F. Perkins Trust vs. Board of Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas et al.
9. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of February 28, 2002, March 7, 2002 and April 4 and 11, 2002.
10. Acknowledge receipt of the Safe Streets Annual Report for 2002.
11. Consider designation of election office staff for the destruction of ballots that qualify.
12. Consider Emergency Vehicle permit for Randy E. Keil.
13. Acknowledge receipt of the Interim Balance Sheet for the month ended April 30, 2003.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS