Please state your name and address for the record.
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Jon Small
1. Acknowledge receipt of petition, hold public hearing and consider Resolution No. 2003-65 authorizing a street improvement district and street improvements for the Sherwood Park Subdivision No. 6 Street Benefit District.
C. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider waiver to zoning regulations to install a singlewide mobile home as a second dwelling on one parcel.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-66 granting authority to the Public Works Department to install signs and barricades for traffic control for the Wings Over Topeka event.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-67 authorizing Contract C159-2003, loan agreement for the Prairie Hill Subdivision.
4. Consider Contract C160-2003 with the City of Topeka for the transfer of a sign plotter to Shawnee County.
5. Consider project budget for the design of the deck surface repair of the SW 93rd Street Bridge over Six Mile Creek.
6. Discuss correspondence from Topeka Township regarding condition of South 53rd Street.
D. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – H. R. Cook
1. Consider request for capital expenditures.
E. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for roof replacement and approve project exemption certificate.
2. Consider Contract C161-2003 for cleaning services for the White Lakes Annex.
F. CORRECTIONS – Betsy Gillespie
1. Consider request to advertise and fill four Corrections Specialist positions for the Adult Detention Center.
2. Consider request to advertise and fill one Line Supervisor position for the Adult Detention Center.
3. Consider Contract C162-2003 with Maximus to provide assistance in recovering funds for the detention of alien inmates.
4. Consider request to solicit bids for a preventive maintenance program for the Department’s engineered air and heating roof top units.
G. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS – Dina Hales
1. Consider FY 2004 Comprehensive Plan.
H. EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS – Bill Singer
1. Consider request to advertise and fill four vacant positions.
I. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
1. Consider application for a “Cops in School” grant for an SRO in Rossville High School.
2. Consider Highway Safety Project Reimbursement Request #2 for supplies to support the Sobriety Check Points and Saturation Patrols on April 18.
3. Consider request to purchase two Motorola portable radios and chargers.
J. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider out-of-state travel to attend a childhood lead poisoning prevention program management workshop.
K. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider request to offer special discount price packages at Shawnee County Golf Courses.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Acknowledge receipt of the Overtime Report for IT and Emergency Communications.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-68 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the MTAA’s 2002 Audit Report.
4. Consider emergency vehicle permit for Paul Waggoner.
5. Consider awarding bid for the NE 74th Street over Muddy Creek bridge rehabilitation project and authorize the local match.
6. Consider awarding bid for the NW Brickyard Road over Soldier Creek bridge rehabilitation project and authorize the local match.
7. Consider awarding bid for the NW 86th Street over Big Soldier Creek bridge rehabilitation project and authorize the local match.
8. Acknowledge receipt of letter of resignation from the Shawnee County Advocacy Council on Aging from Michael J. Bell.
9. Acknowledge receipt of letter of resignation from the Shawnee County Advocacy Council on Aging from Roy Lacoursiere.
10. Reflect that Commissioner Ensley signed a letter as a member of the Topeka/Shawnee County Community Planning Team supporting JJA’s work to create a shared Online Documentation and Support System.
11. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of December 2, 2002.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS