Please state your name and address for the record.
1. Recognition of U.S. servicemen and servicewomen missing in action, prisoners of war, or killed in action in Iraqi war.
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution No. HR-2003-2 amending Home Rule Resolution HR-99-9 regarding fee schedule for dangerous animal violations.
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider designating Northwest 46th Street between Hoch Road and Huxman Road as a County Road.
C. CORRECTIONS – Betsy Gillespie
1. Consider request to solicit bids for cameras and recording systems for additional surveillance in the Adult Detention Center.
2. Consider Contract C137-2003 with West Group for CD Rom legal library services for inmates.
D. DISTRICT ATTORNEY
1. Consider Bryne Grant application for case management software.
E. COURT SERVICES – Cathy Leonhart
1. Consider three Byrne grant applications for Drug Court, Field Team and Domestic Violence Accelerated Dockets.
F. PURCHASING – Charlene Mischke
1. Consider awarding bid for a heavy-duty truck for Parks and Recreation.
2. Consider awarding bid for a utility box van for Parks and Recreation.
G. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to open, advertise, and fill the Registered Nurse position at the Maternal and Infant Clinic.
2. Consider Contract No.138–2003 with KDHE for the KWIC automated system to enhance the existing WIC services.
H. PARKS AND RECREATION- John Knight
1. Consider request to fill a vacant Park Maintenance Position.
1. Consider letter endorsing the Shawnee Regional Prevention and Recovery Services, Inc. application for funding through the Edward R. Byrne Memorial State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance Grant.
2. Consider changing the meeting time on May 1, 2003 to 9:30 a.m.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Acknowledge receipt of two Division of Water Resources permits for stream crossings needed for the Sewer District No. 33 pump station force main project and have recorded in the Register of Deeds Office.
2. Acknowledge receipt of report on the status of the Recycling Department.
3. Consider awarding bid for the construction of the Sewer District No. 33 pump station force main project and award the contract contingent upon the state authorizing the award of the contract.
4. Consider acceptance of easement necessary for the construction and maintenance of the Cherry Creek North Subdivision street benefit district project.
5. Consider acceptance of easement necessary for the construction and maintenance of the Shawnee County Sewer District No. 74 Lateral Sanitary Sewer District No. 6.
6. Consider Resolution No. 2003-62 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks.
7. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Cox Communications regarding changes effective May 9, 2003 to Channel 61.
8. Consider Contracts C139-2003 through C141-2003 with Central OK Printing, Inc. Quick Print, and Copy Shoppe for printing services.
9. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from KDHE regarding the closure of McPherson’s construction and demolition landfill.
10. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 03C544—Lake Edun Foundation vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County; 03C544—Lake Edun Foundation vs. Shawnee County Kansas Planning Commission aka Zoning Appeals; and 03C544—Lake Edun Foundation vs. Shawnee County Kansas A Municipal Corporation.
11. Acknowledge receipt of the 2002 fixed assets and forward to Audit Finance for audit purposes.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS