Please state your name and address for the record.
1. Recognition of U.S. servicemen and servicewomen missing in action, prisoners of war, or killed in action in Iraqi war.
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. AUDIT FINANCE – Trinket Harding
1. Consider expenditure from the Risk Management Reserve Fund for repair to Sheriff’s vehicle.
C. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider request to conduct a sealed bids sale of certain tracts of real estate.
D. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to open, advertise and fill the Social Worker position at the Maternal and Infant Clinic.
2. Consider request to open, advertise and fill the Dietitian position for the WIC Program.
E. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider request to waive formal bidding procedures for the contracting for a fireworks display for the Spirit of Kansas ’03 on July 4, 2003.
2. Consider Resolution No. 2003-54 allowing the placement of necessary traffic signs and barricades for the efficient and safe direction of vehicles and pedestrian traffic for the Spirit of Kansas Fireworks Celebration.
3. Consider request for membership in the Topeka Corporate Volunteer Council.
F. TREASURER – Judy Wiese
1. Consider request to open, advertise and fill the position of Office Manager II.
G. PUBLIC WORKS – Lynn Couch
1. Consider Contract C129-2003, addendum #2 to Contract C262-2001 for completion of the sanitation sewer design and fieldwork for the Shawnee County District No. 2 Shop.
1. Consider payment of dues to the Intergovernmental Cooperation Council.
2. Consider canceling the April 21 and April 24 Commission Meetings.
3. Further discussion of the Kanza Rail Trails Conservancy, Inc.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Health Access regarding 2004 funding.
2. Consider Resolution Nos. 2003-55 and 2003-56 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel checks.
3. Acknowledge receipt of overtime report for the Recycling Department.
4. Consider Resolution Nos. 2003-57, 2003-58, 2003-59 and 2003-60 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel checks.
5. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 03C522—Garry E. Williams v. Board of County Commissioners, et al; 03C521—Damian L. Box, Sr. vs. Board of County Commissioners, et al; and 03C523—Garry E. Williams vs. Shawnee County Commissioners, et al.
6. Consider Contract C130-2003 for the use of Heritage Hall on May 1 by the Department of Corrections for volunteer recognition.
7. Receive, for approval by the Board, County Commission Meeting minutes of October 28, 2002.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE COMMISSION MEETING: Certification of the U.S.D. 345 recount.