Please state your name and address for the record.
1. Recognition of U.S. servicemen and servicewomen missing in action, prisoners of war, or killed in action in Iraqi war.
1. Consider voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-48 for destruction of correction orders for years 1997, 1998, and 1999.
B. CORONER – Dr. Erik Mitchell
1. Consider Contracts C113-2003 through C117-2003 employing five part-time investigators.
C. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Rich Eckert
1. Consider claim of Russell McAbee for repairs to sewer at 6870 SW Aylesbury Road.
2. Consider Contract C124-2003 with Blue Cross/Blue Shield to provide administrative services for a self-funded health benefit plan and Resolution No. 2003-51 adopting Shawnee County’s employee insurance Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy notice and appointing a HIPAA Privacy Officer.
D. HUMAN RESOURCES – Rich Davis
1. Consider request to solicit bids for a new occupational health services provider.
E. HEALTH AGENCY – Anne Freeze
1. Consider request to purchase flu vaccine.
2. Consider request to open, advertise and fill the vacant Quality Improvement Specialist position.
3. Consider request to open, advertise and fill the vacant RN position in Primary Care.
4. Consider Contract C118-2003 with KDHE formalizing the payment for funding the Northeast Corner Regionalization Initiative.
5. Consider Contract C119-2003 for physical therapy services for home health clients.
6. Consider Contract C120-2003 with the University of Kansas School of Social Welfare for field instruction of social welfare students.
F. APPRAISER – Mark Hixon
1. Consider request to outsource the printing and mailing of 2003 personal property valuation notices.
G. PUBLIC WORKS- Lynn Couch
1. Consider eminent domain proceeding for acquisition of an easement across the Topeka Public Golf Course.
2. Consider Contract C121-2003 for engineering services for sanitary sewer improvements at Park and Recreation’s Girls’ Softball Diamond and Shelters.
3. Consider a Project Budget for the study phase of a project to determine a solution to drainage problems and pipe failures near SW 57th Street/Hiway K-4/SW Douglas Road in Dover, Kansas.
H. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT- Jon Forrestt
1. Consider Change Order No. 1 for the re-roof project on the Agriculture Hall and Exhibition Hall.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Consider Contract C122-2003 for annual maintenance of the 4097 VRS Fujitsu Scanner
2. Consider Contract C123-2003 for annual maintenance of the Kodak Archive Writer 4800.
3. Consider Resolution No. 2003-49 authorizing the County Clerk to cancel a check.
4. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 03-C-461, Garry E. Williams vs. Board of County Commissioners, et al.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the overtime report for IT and Emergency Communications.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the Shawnee County’s Workers Compensation Self-Insurance Permit #994.
7. Acknowledge receipt and consider the County Treasurer’s Public Official Bond.
V. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATIONS
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
10:00 a.m. – Review bids received for the purchase of the County’s Series 2003-2 Temporary Notes and Consider Resolution No. 2003-50 awarding bid and authorizing issuance.